Long time lapse on Nizo

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

bfjames74

Long time lapse on Nizo

Post by bfjames74 »

Does anyone know what the two holes next to the manual screw-in shutter release hole on a Nizo 4056 are for? I'm hoping that one is a shutter release that works by electronic pulse. Is this true? I found some directions to build an intervalometer that sends electronic pulses at variable intervals and am hoping I can do this with my camera. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

B
Roget

Post by Roget »

It very well may be. I don't have any experience with the 4056, but do use an Integral 10, which does have this this type of shutter release. Since the 4056 is a more "feature rich" camera, it wouldn't surprise me if this type of release is included.

Here's a link on this site to the manual for the 6056/6080 cameras, which are very similiar to the 4056. It might sort out this issue for you.

http://8mm.filmshooting.com/manuals/nizo_braun.php

Are the DIY intervalometer instructions you found from Super-8 Filmmaker magazine? I have a DIY article from this magazine, which unfortunately fails to list the correct specs for a couple of the diodes. Since I'm not an electrical engineer (or even much of a tinkerer in this realm), I'm stymied.

Hope this helps,
Roget
Lucas Lightfeat

Post by Lucas Lightfeat »

Yes this hole is for an electric shutter release. (The other is a flash/pulse sync socket)

You can use a Canon, Nizo or whatever type of electric sutter release from the late seventies/early eighties. It is a very small minijack type plug, a wire and a switch - you could even make one it's so simple!

The machanical ones work well too

Lucas
bfjames74

Post by bfjames74 »

Roget -

Yeah, the specs I found were from that magazine. I've since found out about some other cheap options that actually appear to work and there was a recent thread about this. Search "long time lapse" with "bfjames74" as the author. I'm still trying to figure out how I would link these gizmos with my camera, though

- Bruce
oneatatime

Post by oneatatime »

Bruce:

Most intervalometers use a relay as the momentary contact of about 200 to 500 mS, as if you where pressing and releaseing a button.
This is connected to the camera release socket which is either a 2.5mm or 3.5mm phono type plug.
In the design I used I allowed for manual tripping the release with a "test" push button to advance film a few frame when a cart is loaded or unlaoded so you don't loose any important frames.

Cheers
Q