Dimensions Of The Nizo 6080 & 4080 Cameras

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

gkaplan57

Dimensions Of The Nizo 6080 & 4080 Cameras

Post by gkaplan57 »

Hello:
Does anybody know if the dimensions of the Nizo 6080 & 4080 are the same? I want to order a barney for a Nizo 4080 and there is one for a Nizo 6080. As far as I can see from pictures of the Nizo 6080 it's exactly the same. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Larry Roussarie
Maurizio Di Cintio

Post by Maurizio Di Cintio »

Hello, Larrie.
Cosmetically the two Nizo's differ just for the layout of some control knobs on the left hand side. As for the rest their sizes are exactly the same.

Good luck.
Maurizio
gkaplan57

Post by gkaplan57 »

Hello Maurizio: Thanks for the info. They really do look the same, but I want to be sure. I am going to make some measurements and send them to the guy, but it's seems that it's the very same body from just looking at pictures of the Nizo 4080 & 6080. The camera is just too noisy to get good audio if the camera and mic are close together.

Thanks you again

Larry Roussarie
Maurizio Di Cintio

Post by Maurizio Di Cintio »

Hi! Indeed they are the same body: The model 4080 was the top of the range, but at some point the guys at Nizo wanted to grant their flagship the possibility to use 200 foot magazines at its fullest capabilities. Hence the new model which basically only differs from the previous one for the hinged "door" on top of the body meant to use the larger sized cassette. Factorly line of assembly was probably the same. Indeed the 6080 can perform wonderful in-camera special effects with this cartridge if only they were still manufactured, because the camera can rewind all the film in it with the greatest precision.
Incidentally it happens to be probably the quietest camera ever built; I shot excellent sound footage. Sure there's some background camera noise, but it's not so annoying. I guess you want really 'silent' shots, hence the necessity to have the camera blimped.

Good luck and sorry for not logging in.
JIM DUNN

NIZO 4080 BARNEY

Post by JIM DUNN »

GKAPLAN57---If we're talking about the same carftsman in California, I and another fellow had the first 2 Nizo 6080 barneys built by him. They are great. However, one caution. IP've never had a 4080 to compare with a 6080, and if what the other poster said about the difference in placement of controls on one side is correct, Lee (CUPCAMERA@aol.com)needs to see a detailed photo at least, to make the changes in access doors of the barney. Photos of the finished 6080 Barneys are available. I'll email them to you if you'll send me your address.....JIM

Post by Guest »

the 1048 and 2056, which are the earlier brushed aluminum models, are also exactly the same body as the 4080 & 6080, eccept for a few different knobs.