Any Nizo 6080 owners out there? i think mines possesed...

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

mr.jordan

Any Nizo 6080 owners out there? i think mines possesed...

Post by mr.jordan »

So i just bought a beautiful 6080 off of eBay. It looked like it came direct from the factory, everything included. The seller told me that he used it for a few music film shoots, and had it recently serviced by an "expert in germany" I didnt ask who though, yet.
Anyways, I charged up the rechargable radioshack batteries that came with the camera, as they look brand new, and the seller said that they werent that old. I left it over nite, took it out early this morning to test it, and all went well, until i inserted a cartridge. the camera started making very weird buzzing, and wheel turning(screaming)noises near the gate. the first time this happened i turned it off after about 10sec, (i think i might have hit the fadein/out button on accident. ) when i turned the camera back on, all was fine for a minute or two then, it happened again, and this time i know i didnt press anything besides the start trigger. so i let it run and the noises got lower pitched, then higher pitched like it was rewinding, and back again. nothing worked on the camera during this time either? then after about 2-3minutes it stopped. so i turned it off, and on again and everything was fine until i turned it off and then on again, and the whole thing stated over again?
This happened a few times, and im guessing its an improperly charged battery? but i cant test that right now b/c its the middle of the night.
im just wondering if anyone might know whats going on or has gone through this before? and if this might be something much more serious that the batteries!
:oops: apologies for the massive detail, just wanted to be precise :)
-jordan
"...to live in the pink-blue belly of orion!"
~william west

http://www.jordansaia.com
cineandy

Post by cineandy »

Hi, this may or maybe of use. My 2056 makes weird noises, but thats the motor controlling the auto iris. If you remove the film, squeeze trigger, does the claw in the gate operate??. I am no expert on camera repairs, but my prvious nizos ( 4056,4080) suffered from no claw movement due to a stretched drive belt, i assaume the 6080 has the same set up.
mr.jordan

Post by mr.jordan »

The claw in the gate seems to be working fine, i marked some film and it wen through with no problem. What do the sounds resemble when the auto iris is adjusting?
-jordan
~william west

nasq

Post by nasq »

I think it's the auto-iris, try turning it to manual.
jobes

Post by jobes »

i bought mine off ebay from someone in germany what was the sellers name?
the time lapse functions on my camera are bust but all other film speeds are fine,the seller assured me it had been checked and was tested all speeds.
mr.jordan

Post by mr.jordan »

it definitly isnt the auto iris. ive marked down that sound. the sound happens when i first turn on the camera, either nothing works, or there is this minute long whine. ive put brand new charged batteries in and the camera persists, it only works fine about half of the time the rest is unexpected.
the other new problem is that when i have a cartridge load there is a half secong clincking sound. very loud and very annoying. i bought the 6080 to get the most silent camera out there. now its turned out to be just a pain. :(
any help or suggestions?
-jordan
~william west

bulion

Post by bulion »

jobes wrote:i bought mine off ebay from someone in germany what was the sellers name?
the time lapse functions on my camera are bust but all other film speeds are fine,the seller assured me it had been checked and was tested all speeds.
Hey, I´m planning to bid on the same model. Whose equipment was that? Thanks for the input.