Crystal synch sound projectors

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Patrick

Crystal synch sound projectors

Post by Patrick »

How common are crystal synch sound super 8 projectors? I have an Elmo ST 180 but I have no idea whether it's crystal synched or not. How can I tell? My reasons for wanting to know this is to transfer sound films to video.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Would it be possible to compile a list of super 8 sound crystal synch projectors? I know Bauer has at least one model. What about Elmo?
Ericus

Post by Ericus »

I know only some Beaulieu 708 EL Stereo models, which were crystal synched. I have some Wittner/Beaulieu brochures from 1997-1999 and there are some telecine versions of Beaulieu projectors with crystal synch.

I have an Elmo GS 1200 synched with Pedro´s beautiful P1008GS-U synch unit ( http://www.super8sync.com/English/P1008GS.html ), and I use it for transferring sound films to video with my WorkPrinter. Works beautifully!

I know no other synched projectors. I have read somewhere that Fumeo had some plans to manufacture some sort of synched versions, but I am not sure they ever did.