Look crasy but is working !!!! mini 35 & super8

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

kandinsky

Look crasy but is working !!!! mini 35 & super8

Post by kandinsky »

SOme of you shure ear about mini35 kit for video camera
This kit made possible use SLR photo reflex lents on DV cam and kip de small DoF of SLR lens

I build up one and i have crazy idear try on super 8
Is working have 35mm (iven more ) DoF on your super 8 (or 16mm) is now possible

think about....
Alex

Post by Alex »

Your message is a valient attempt at the English Language, but it is a bit difficult to understand. I think what you are saying is that you have a way to attach 35mm lenses to DV-Cam and perhaps Super-8mm in which the depth of field will look as if it was shot on 35mm.
Scotness

Post by Scotness »

It's not just about putting the lense on - because if you do that you'll need to alter the notmal focal length of the 35mm lense and thus lose the depth of field - it's about using a 35mm lense to put an image on a spinning glass disc (or blank CD in DIY attempts) and then filming that image with it's inherant DOF characteristics.

There's heaps of info and threads about this technique at
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay ... forumid=34

Scot
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K
kandinsky

Post by kandinsky »

Sorry for english ...
yes the idear is to have the deep of field of 35mm on S8 images I will post some image next week
aj

polaroidback

Post by aj »

There was a discussion here with a guessing game and examples on filming from the groundglass of a still camera. Was it a 120 of 135 camera?

I recently bought a polaroidback for a Nikon F3 at a real bargain. This transporterglass used in it seemed like it was filmable. Have not tried it though. I guess this glass is made from 1000-s of glassfiber all crammed together just to lift the image from the focalplane onto the polaroidfilm just 5mm further.
Kind regards,

André