Cine Processing labs in USA

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

mr8mm

Cine Processing labs in USA

Post by mr8mm »

Anyone have a list of actual still in business film processing labs for 16mm, S8 and R8mm in USA and Canada?. I know Dwayne's(color Rev.), Cinelab Boston(Color neg,B/W), Spectra Film and Video( Color Rev,Color Neg, B/W) and Niagara(Canada).

Martin(Plattsburg Photo) in NY but not certain he is still in business. Also Rocky mountain but not certain they still process.

J.S.
BAC

Re: Cine Processing labs in USA

Post by BAC »

Rocky Mountain has been out of business for quite a while now despite their web site still being up.
kuparikettu

Post by kuparikettu »

Video & Film Solutions
http://www.videofilmsolutions.com/
"Color & B&W, positive & negative, 16mm & 35mm motion picture "
ECN-2, ECP-2D, D96 - no E6.
Davideo

Post by Davideo »

Kodak has a list of labs on their site but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment. In addition to the list above is Yale Labs in CA and Film & Video Services in Minneapolis.
mr8mm

Post by mr8mm »

I believe neither YALE nor Film and Video Services actually process film. Both are transfer houses only. Yale lost their lease and moved to a new location. The cost of meeting building code requirements for a new lab in LA county were prohibitive. As a result they do only transfers and out source lab work.

I believe Film and Video Services has a similiar story. But if someone in the Minneapolis area would like to verify, please report back.

The situation for E6 labs is the worst. Only Spectra and Dwaynes appear to do E6.

J.S.
joshgladstone

Post by joshgladstone »

I'd heard that Yale would no longer be processing since they moved to Valencia, but I looked at their website the other day and they still list all the same film processing services, and the wording sure sounds like they're still processing. And it says that the page was updated on 02/15/2015. So yeah. There's that.
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

There's also Pro8mm.
Reborn member since Sept 2003