Price from Kodak

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Shanec8mm

Price from Kodak

Post by Shanec8mm »

Can anyone tell me what the price is for the new Super 8 Ektachrome 100D when ordered directly from Kodak? I want to order two rolls for my vacation to the beach next month. So far Dwayne's is not carrying this film, so I will need to order from Kodak. Thanks.
granfer

Re: Price from Kodak

Post by granfer »

Ask Kodak??? :? :? :roll:
Blue Audio Visual

Post by Blue Audio Visual »

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploaded ... 1110_Q.pdf

$14 a piece, if you buy more than 200 it's $12.18 each.
Shanec8mm

Post by Shanec8mm »

Thanks guys! I found this info last night after posting this question to the forum. On a side note I wonder why Dwayne's is deciding whether or not they will stock this film? I find that strange considering they have always been "up" on the latest Kodak releases when it comes to film. I would think stocking this film would be a no brainier. I strongly believe lots of film makers and amateurs will flock to this film stock. But maybe I am wrong, this could be the end of an era? Hope I am wrong!!!!
Blue Audio Visual

Hi Shane,

As I understand it demand has way outstripped supply, and Kodak have been struggling to meet orders both in the domestic and the international markets.

My company has only had very scanty supplies of 100D so far (we're one of the top 3 UK resellers), and we have unfulfilled back-orders, so maybe it is simply that Dwayne's haven't yet been sent any 100D from Kodak?

If this is the case then I read the whole thing in a much more positive light...

...having said which we'll just have to see how long the honeymoon period lasts.
JCook

Post by JCook »

...probably too early to tell but Kodak sell through of 100D may even increase as Kodachrome processing dries up.

Has there been any mention of how long 64T will continue to be processed? I've searched here a litle bit but nothing popped right out at me. I've three carts on ice but was putting them off until K-14 processing becomes extinct.
Blue Audio Visual

JCook wrote:Has there been any mention of how long 64T will continue to be processed?
It's exactly the same process as 100D, so no immediate issues...
Shanec8mm

Post by Shanec8mm »

Blue Audio Visual wrote:Hi Shane,

As I understand it demand has way outstripped supply, and Kodak have been struggling to meet orders both in the domestic and the international markets.

My company has only had very scanty supplies of 100D so far (we're one of the top 3 UK resellers), and we have unfulfilled back-orders, so maybe it is simply that Dwayne's haven't yet been sent any 100D from Kodak?

If this is the case then I read the whole thing in a much more positive light...

...having said which we'll just have to see how long the honeymoon period lasts.
I take back what I said earlier now that I have read the information you just posted. If demand has outstripped supply, then I will also take this as a positive. Let's hope the honeymoon period last a long time! Shooting Super 8 is fun! Getting the films back from the lab and popping them on the projector is a great experience.
Last edited by Shanec8mm on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCook

Post by JCook »

I guess E-6 is E-6, I thought that there might be some chemical difference, that's good news.

Thanks for the quick response.

OK I need to get off this computer and go do something worth while with this beautiful Saturday afternoon. :D
etimh

Post by etimh »

JCook wrote:OK I need to get off this computer and go do something worth while with this beautiful Saturday afternoon. :D
Watching the Texas race tonight, though, right? :)

Tim
JCook

Post by JCook »

double post DOH!
Last edited by JCook on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
JCook

Post by JCook »

triple post DOH
Last edited by JCook on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JCook

Post by JCook »

Tim,

I just might have to, I'd hate to get Mr Evans mad at me. :lol:

I didn't know the Indycars were running tonight, thanks for the tip. I so used to the next race after Indy being Milwaukee....sadly enough no more Milwaukee. However

LeMans next week, I'm looking forward to that!

Sheesh did we hijack this thread, sorry. :oops:

John