Vision3 filter notch?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

brokenflashlight

Vision3 filter notch?

Post by brokenflashlight »

I've received a few Vision3 carts for Christmas. I don't know much about the cartridge notches, but I'm assuming the new Vision3 are like the Vision2 series and don't have a filter notch to enable the internal 85B?

I'm not really willing to start cutting my own notches, so; would it be recommended to correct the color temperature during telecine for my few outdoor shots? Or would I get better results with an external 85B?
There can be no thought of finishing, for "aiming at the stars" both literally and figuratively is a problem to occupy generations, so that no matter how much progress one makes there is always the thrill of just beginning.

-Dr. Robert Goddard
Uppsala BildTeknik

Re: Vision3 filter notch?

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

brokenflashlight wrote:would it be recommended to correct the color temperature during telecine for my few outdoor shots?
Yes.
brokenflashlight wrote:Or would I get better results with an external 85B?
Yes, definetly. :)
MIKI-814

Post by MIKI-814 »

Anywat don't be afraid to cut your own notches, it's quite quite simple (and cheaper than buying another filter) 8)
Jim Carlile

Post by Jim Carlile »

Remember though that when you cut a notch in those VISION daylight cartridges, the film speed will be indexed differently. Kodak supplies that film in notchless cartridges so that it will be deliberately overexposed by one-stop in most cameras.

The new filter notch will set the film speed to a higher ASA, actually closer to the film's rated speed, which might make a difference.