Where Have I Been?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

ccortez

Where Have I Been?

Post by ccortez »

Hi all,

I've been away. I hope to be back a little more often now. Thanks to Andreas for all the hard work on the new platform and servers!

I've been up to a bunch of stuff:
- changing jobs; now i'm downtown so i can ride my bike to work! and the job is more fun, so double bonus.
- raising kids; the girls turned 3 a couple of weeks ago. wow!
- editing a short; we shot "the pit" a couple months before the girls were born. now we're getting serious about finishing it.

So I haven't shot any film. But I have done something I'm very happy about:

I Finished My Screenplay!

Yesterday we submitted a pretty solid draft of OIL CRASH to the Austin Film Festival screenwriting competition. It is the story of a man who gets out of prison and joins his family on a journey across America in the time of the Second Great Depression. The Grapes of Wrath is retold as a gasoline disaster movie set ten years in the future.

For somebody who never seems to finish anything, this feels pretty good. :mrgreen:

PM me if you'd like to read it. We're going to shelve it for a few months while we collect reactions and suggestions, so I'm interested in your feedback.
Nigel

Re: Where Have I Been?

Post by Nigel »

Sounds great.

I look forward to seeing how you do with everything.

Welcome back.

Good luck
reflex

Post by reflex »

Hey Chris,

Good to see you back here again. I kinda figured you were wrapped up in dad-type stuff. I spent two hours on a soccer field this morning with 4 & 5 year olds. I took a long a new Manfroto stabilizer to capture some running shots. Should make for some nice footage, although a couple of people suggested I should upgrade my "ancient camcorder."

By all means let us know when you've got something cool to share.

Cheers, James
www.retrothing.com
Vintage Gadgets & Technology
super8man

Post by super8man »

Since I work in the biz of refineries, power plants, gasoline, etc, I would be interested in reading it...mainly to make sure you don't have something completely unbelievable in there...like the premise? Hahaha...just kidding...But it would be interesting to see if this is a left wing Malthusian rant or, hopefully, an illuminating portrayal of possibilities of human developments (good or bad).

My email should be easy to find...

Cheers,
Mike
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
steve hyde

Post by steve hyde »

....Right on Chris! Congratulations!

Do you have a three or four page "treatment" or "step-outline"? I'd be happy to read it and offer feedback - just send it along.

my contact info:
www.steve-hyde.com
JCook

Post by JCook »

If your film goes big please don't sue me for the title of my old dilapidated website.

8O
Lunar07

Post by Lunar07 »

Chris -
I sent you a PM. Please check it.
super8man

Post by super8man »

Maybe he's rewriting the script since the world HASN'T ended with $140 barrel oil... :D