Battery for Bolex P1 Relfex Zoom 8mm

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

yolia

Battery for Bolex P1 Relfex Zoom 8mm

Post by yolia »

Hello. I need help figuring out how to make a zinc air battery make proper contact in the compartment of my Bolex P1. Anyone have this camera and know of the best way to make the battery work? I know that the original Mallory MR450 batteries are discontinued. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Best
Victor

[/img]http://www.beachrow.com/beachrow/photos.html
sciolist

Post by sciolist »

I use Aluminum rod measuring .479 inches in length and .379 inches in diameter insulated around its circumference with some shrink wrap. This serves as a spacer for the Wein cell.
yolia

Post by yolia »

sciolist wrote:I use Aluminum rod measuring .479 inches in length and .379 inches in diameter insulated around its circumference with some shrink wrap. This serves as a spacer for the Wein cell.
Hi. Do you have a picture? Thanks for the help!
Victor
sciolist

Post by sciolist »

Sorry, I don't have a picture and I don't own a digital camera. Although spacer could be made from any conductive material, the one I use in my P1 is simply a piece of solid Aluminum rod of the appropriate diameter cut to length and wrapped with an insulative material. It's very easy to make.
super8man

Post by super8man »

Find a small ballpoint pen spring and cut to length and use that to fill the gap - I am sure there are other ways...
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
yolia

Post by yolia »

Thanks for your help guys. I'll try out those suggestions.
Best