Kate Moss shooting Super 8 at Glastonbury

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Scotness

Kate Moss shooting Super 8 at Glastonbury

Post by Scotness »

This was on the web site of the Courier Mail today - can't say I'm a fan of hers - but any support for the medium....

Scot
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K
filmbuff

Post by filmbuff »

Is that one of those Canon AF310 XL-S?

Nothing goes with Super 8 like a drink and a smoke :wink:
DriveIn

Post by DriveIn »

Now that's a flattering image. :lol:
etimh

Post by etimh »

That's pretty cool.

Did the photographer catch her shooting some stuff of her own? Or is this a staged photo highlighting some retro-chic thing with super 8?

Amazing if she is actually shooting Super 8. But the AF 310 is an interesting choice of cameras. Not that versatile these days, I would think.

Tim
yolia

Post by yolia »

Egad--Red Stripe Beer! She's F-ing ignorant to be drinking that crap. But smart move with the super 8. So it all balances out. :D
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

hah, so you dont know about those ladies "designer beers" do you :?:

female beer tastes are v-e-r-y different frome male std and latley over here quite a few beers are taste-designed for women.
now that is very different from buddy-beers and all of them tastes like perfume(d)-yikes-shit....

thus - the beer preferance above may be logical for wom1 - still.
never tasted it thug.

now i see why she gets stand-in for mode shots showing ´er hands - too - thug.

shoot
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
Andersens Tears

Post by Andersens Tears »

She is shooting, she was seen doing so on some of the live tv coverage of the festival.

.... I'm wondering what film stock she was using as that camera is a strictly 40/160 with no compensation! Do you think that she has bought up some K40 or has ordered Velvia? That's a wierd thought to ponder!

Maybe she's just using 64T and likes the way it comes out?

and there's nothing like multi tasking is there? I guess that's why she got herself an Autofocus camera - I mean that fag and beer are glued to her hands... I sometimes think she actually has six fingers on one hand!
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

[quote="Andersens Tears"]She is shooting, she was seen doing so on some of the live tv coverage of the festival.

.... I'm wondering what film stock she was using as that camera is a strictly 40/160 with no compensation! Do you think that she has bought up some K40 or has ordered Velvia? That's a wierd thought to ponder!

Maybe she's just using 64T and likes the way it comes out?
quote]

E64t is more likely i guess. Some 40/160 cams have no problem exposing the film at all so it would depend on how this canon reads the cartridge.

Anyway, we all bitch about to few chicks here and then suddenly we have a beer drinking super model with a super 8 camera sounds to good to be true. still... why am I not excited?
Angus

Post by Angus »

I thought supermodels existed on caffiene and nicotine...surprised to see her guzzling beer.

She's not the only lady who enjoys her super 8, there was a large article in a newspaper last year about....um...think it was Kelly Brook, she is something of an enthusiast and prefers her super 8 to her mini DV and knows what she's talking about.

If Kate has much of an idea I'd hazard a guess she's shooting V200T. Would expose OK and she'd have it telecinied. Or she hasn't tried before and is using 64T.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
Andersens Tears

Angus wrote:I
She's not the only lady who enjoys her super 8, there was a large article in a newspaper last year about....um...think it was Kelly Brook, she is something of an enthusiast and prefers her super 8 to her mini DV and knows what she's talking about.
I too read this article - I seem to remember that she had a Canon 814?
MIKI-814

Post by MIKI-814 »

Andersens Tears wrote: I seem to remember that she had a Canon 814?
:? :? :?
sk360

Post by sk360 »

Looks like she's shooting some performance footage at a concert ( probably for her junky rockstar boyfriend). Either way, I would imagine by now she would know something about using cameras from hanging around photographers after all thease years.
Last edited by sk360 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angus

Post by Angus »

Looks like she's concentrating and really into it. I am told I pull a face whenever I take a photo or shoot film.

Note she's holding the camera to her left eye.

Oh no...I have two things in common with Kate Moss :?
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
Andersens Tears

Can't help thinking it would be easier for her if the super camera came with optional extras of a drink holder and ashtray... perhaps it could be something to screw on to the microphone mount?

:D
Andersens Tears

Angus wrote:Looks like she's concentrating and really into it. I am told I pull a face whenever I take a photo or shoot film.

Note she's holding the camera to her left eye.

Oh no...I have two things in common with Kate Moss :?
Sorry mate, but I make that three thing you have in common with her, Angus.. you're both trendsetters too :)