Nizo 561 Footage (64T)

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Team_f

Nizo 561 Footage (64T)

Post by Team_f »

Hi!

Uploaded some 64T footage with (Braun) Nizo 561. (Youtube makes it look awful.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHV2yc_Ya1g

Please fell free to say wath you think. I´m a s8 beginer, so every tip or opinion that i can learn from is welcome.

Edit: I linked to wrong clip before. now changed. Pls check it out
Last edited by Team_f on Wed May 23, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
romeojesus

Post by romeojesus »

>(Youtube makes it look awful.)

upload stuff on http://www.stage6.com, it looks soooo much better

http://stage6.divx.com/user/romeojesus/ ... o-/-super8
Team_f

Post by Team_f »

Thanks for the tip! I´ll upload there soon.

Pls check my edit in last post. I did link to the wrong clip!

Youtube

DIV-X version
http://stage6.divx.com/user/Team_f/vide ... er-8-test-
Mitch Perkins

Post by Mitch Perkins »

Team_f wrote:Thanks for the tip! I´ll upload there soon.

Pls check my edit in last post. I did link to the wrong clip!

Youtube

DIV-X version
http://stage6.divx.com/user/Team_f/vide ... er-8-test-
Taking into account the compression on youtube, I thought your footage looked pretty darn good. Maybe just try to hold the camera a little steadier, or use a tripod. Not always though - shaky footage is great for frenetic scenes, but I think the calmness of your subject in this case would have benefited from smoother, more stable camera work.

Keep up the good work!

Mitch
Team_f

Post by Team_f »

Thanks for you replay

Yes i will use tripod next time . I´m also thinking of use my monopod with some weight on and see if that might help.
Lunar07

Post by Lunar07 »

Team_f wrote:Thanks for you replay

Yes i will use tripod next time . I´m also thinking of use my monopod with some weight on and see if that might help.
Very nice colors. Did you use and external 85B filter?
Mitch Perkins

Post by Mitch Perkins »

Yeah, a weighted monopod held lightly between thumb and forefinger just below the camera mount is almost like a steadicam - since the gear doesn't weigh much, you don't need the mechanical articulated arm; you have a couple of organic ones...I hope.

Mitch
Team_f

Post by Team_f »

Lunar07 wrote:

Very nice colors. Did you use and external 85B filter?
No filter is used. Either internal or external one. Colourcorection was done by the firm (uppsala bildteknik) that digitized it.
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

Why no filter? There seems to be a lot of this going on with 64T and I don't get it. Even with CC it looks cold. The 85B gives much better colors and warmer image. Even my latest tests with just the 85 were a tad cold but not too bad. My advice to anyone that likes color is to use an 85B with 64T.
100D and Vision 3 please
timothyx

Post by timothyx »

I agree. It's nice footage and the great composition, but I could go for a warmer tone. Still have Kodachrome eyes, I guess.

I'm about to embark on my 1st project with 64T. Wondering if adding a *warm* linear polarizing filter would warm things up? Or am I misunderstanding this filter?
Team_f

Post by Team_f »

T-Scan wrote:Why no filter? There seems to be a lot of this going on with 64T and I don't get it. Even with CC it looks cold. The 85B gives much better colors and warmer image. Even my latest tests with just the 85 were a tad cold but not too bad. My advice to anyone that likes color is to use an 85B with 64T.
Soo using the internal 85a will work fine too? I´ll try that for netx 64T (right now i´m on experimenting with a noch--hacked 200t) Wath is the diference between using thath and external? And wath is difrent between a and b?
Lunar07

Post by Lunar07 »

Team_f wrote:
T-Scan wrote:Why no filter? There seems to be a lot of this going on with 64T and I don't get it. Even with CC it looks cold. The 85B gives much better colors and warmer image. Even my latest tests with just the 85 were a tad cold but not too bad. My advice to anyone that likes color is to use an 85B with 64T.
Soo using the internal 85a will work fine too? I´ll try that for netx 64T (right now i´m on experimenting with a noch--hacked 200t) Wath is the diference between using thath and external? And wath is difrent between a and b?
The difference between internal filter (85 not 85A) and an external 85B is that 85B is warmer by 200K than 85. 64T is 3200K Tungsten balanced stock. 85B warms color temperature down to 3200K. Internal 85 filter warms it down to 3400K (this is what K40 is balanced at). If you want to use a filter, you may as well use the right one: external 85B.
200T is also balanced at 3200K.
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

timothyx wrote:I agree. It's nice footage and the great composition, but I could go for a warmer tone. Still have Kodachrome eyes, I guess.

I'm about to embark on my 1st project with 64T. Wondering if adding a *warm* linear polarizing filter would warm things up? Or am I misunderstanding this filter?
The 85B will give all the warmth you will want, it is the correct daylight filter for 64T. The internal 85 filter still leaves things a little on the cool side.
100D and Vision 3 please
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

Team_f wrote:
Using an 85 with the 200T corrects a lot easier than 64T. But I still prefer an 85B with 200T, as it cuts your effective daylight ASA down to 80 as opposed to 125ASA with an 85 filter.
100D and Vision 3 please
onsuper8

Post by onsuper8 »

I agree 85B - no going back!