Experimental Super8 doco installation in Adelaide, Australia

Announcements of film related festivals, competitions, events, workshops, projects and more!
dagman

Experimental Super8 doco installation in Adelaide, Australia

Post by dagman »

'A Shift in Perception' - gallery debut August 4th, 2006

Hi all. Thought I'd take a moment to tell you about a film my production company 'danimations' is currently completing. It's a 16 minute experimental documentary shot exclusively on TriX and Kodachrome Super8, using a diverse range of cameras and image making techniques.

The film relates the stories, dreams, fears and experiences of three blind women living in Adelaide, South Australia. The dialogue was recorded in casual conversation, and then myself and another cinematographer shot/animated footage to illustrate their fascinating and beautiful world. The film uses techniques including filtration, wide angle distortion, time lapse, slow motion, macro, stop motion animation and even hand-made titling, and would be a valuable resource for anyone teaching, learning or otherwise exploring super8 filmmaking... or the issue of living with blindness.

The finished product (available after the film's premiere, August 4th) will include some DVD extras, including background information on the project, and a production stills gallery. The initial release will feature English subtitles, and we will be making future versions in other languages, and distributing the film internationally.

For those interested, take a look at the flyer for the premiere here: http://www.danimations.com.au/livingdreams/invite.jpg
Last edited by dagman on Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dagman

Post by dagman »

For those interested, the film now has its own webpage, with paypal purchasing... the page also features a few screen shots and production stills. The film has been well received locally, and we're busy beavers mailing it off to festivals now. :P

http://www.danimations.com.au/perception
dagman

Super 8 doco selected for IDFA 2006!

Post by dagman »

I received some exciting news yesterday, 'A Shift in Perception' has been selected to screen at IDFA (International Documentary Festival Amsterdam) in November. The film will screen as part of the Paradocs experimental documentary program, and will be it's official World Premiere. Not bad for a small format film, hey? For those unfamiliar with IDFA, it's the bees knees of Doco festivals the world over, and I'm approaching the Australian Film Commission to see if they will sponsor me to travel there for the event. Wow. :D
dagman

NTSC version now available

Post by dagman »

Hi guys. Some of you may be interested to know that an NTSC version of 'A Shift in Perception' is now available from the film's website: http://www.danimations.com.au/perception

This comes following the news that the film will have its American Premiere on the 16th of December at Sound Experimental Film Festival (Laredo, Texas). The next US screening looks like Big Sky Documentary Film Festival in Montana, February 2007. 8O

US$15 and the film is yours (price includes worldwide shipping). The PAL version is also available through the site. If you are interested in a copy to review for web or print etc, please contact me directly.