"Pass The Cart" project, Official Thread

Collaborative film projects
flatwood

Re: "Pass The Cart" project, Official Thread

Post by flatwood »

CHAS wrote:I'm up for Last Coyote filming the last bit since he got the shaft in the past. Besides this whole venture proves that you really can't rely on people - sorry to sound cynical - you never know.
Well, I know where you're coming from but I do sort of take issue with your blanket remark since you've lumped not only me, but all of us who have followed through time and time again, in with folks who have completely dropped the cart.

I think you can trust MOST people and this project proves it. No offense intended since I consider you one of the most trustworthy people on this board along with a number of others who have proven themselves to me.
http://MusicRiverofLife.com
http://TabbyCrabb.com
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

No, I'm not lumping you in this "blanket" statement - esp. since it's not a blanket statement. I'm simply meaning that you can't trust everyone - in this case who would have known that seemingly cool people like Mojo and the German dude and Scott from PA would have flaked like this? Judging from their past postings I wouldn't have.

Take a deep breath, man. No offense was intended.

flatwood wrote:
CHAS wrote:I'm up for Last Coyote filming the last bit since he got the shaft in the past. Besides this whole venture proves that you really can't rely on people - sorry to sound cynical - you never know.
Well, I know where you're coming from but I do sort of take issue with your blanket remark since you've lumped not only me, but all of us who have followed through time and time again, in with folks who have completely dropped the cart.

I think you can trust MOST people and this project proves it. No offense intended since I consider you one of the most trustworthy people on this board along with a number of others who have proven themselves to me.
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

CHAS wrote:Take a deep breath, man. No offense was intended.
No, man.... Im cool and totally not offended by any of it. Im just pointing out that theres a lot of trustworthy prople on this forum, thats all. We're cool as heck, me and you.
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

flatwood wrote:
CHAS wrote:Take a deep breath, man. No offense was intended.
No, man.... Im cool and totally not offended by any of it. Im just pointing out that theres a lot of trustworthy prople on this forum, thats all. We're cool as heck, me and you.
The majority are -- I totally agree -- and I would never put you in the "untrustworthy" camp. What I meant was that you just never know. The guys I mentioned seemed like really cool, trustwortthy people. I'm sure in their mind they did nothing wrong. You never can tell...
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

Theres a good nucleus right here for a good mailbox project. Probably the way to do it is for projects in the future to not rely on multiple shooters per cart and mailing it all over the globe even though thats been part of the fun.

You've had the honor of meeting Last Coyote. He and I have exchanged much mail from the time we collaborated on the t-shirts. I was wearing one when I shot my bit. Im happy to do a project with him anytime, you and at least a dozen others who have soldiered on, met their personal deadlines and followed through.

Im just finishing up an experiment (for me) project. Im just starting to get a website up for it at http://thelittlestatue.com and submitted it to its first film festival. Not in super 8 though. I wanted to but cost was a factor for this film with a very small budget.

Once we get PTC II in the bag I hope we can organize another collaborative project. Something even more ambitious next time.
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

flatwood wrote:Once we get PTC II in the bag I hope we can organize another collaborative project. Something even more ambitious next time.
More ambitious -- but with less people! :lol:
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

Yes, maybe a half dozen shooters or thereabouts.

With Pulse of Life we each did a cart and sent the processed film to Andreas who produced it. We each paid for the film and processing if I recall and then the producer did the digital transfer. That project actually got finished. I believe we will finish this one too and get something good out of it. I feel good about it anyway. Im glad one of the missing carts showed up. I take it as a good sign that things are looking up!!! :D
brokenflashlight

Post by brokenflashlight »

flatwood wrote: Once we get PTC II in the bag I hope we can organize another collaborative project. Something even more ambitious next time.
More ambitious, yeah. I think there should be a theme, though ... and maybe a bit less people, too.
There can be no thought of finishing, for "aiming at the stars" both literally and figuratively is a problem to occupy generations, so that no matter how much progress one makes there is always the thrill of just beginning.

-Dr. Robert Goddard
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

Sorry guys... I was so busy this week and many times want to type some reply but stuffs brief in and cannot do anything.

OK, the cart from Romeojesus is back, I sent a nice thank you PM to him since he kept his word. Since he didn't shot his part and still waiting for Pedroo's reply (He will call me back tomorrow morning if he got chance to make it this 2 weeks, if not he will give up his chance).

The cart from Australia is also back and will send to processing Saturday.

Guys everything looking good but the cart to BigBeaners... see anyone who can do anything to break the last curse and bring it back?

PTC2 Update Statis: (20th November, 2008)
Cart 1:
Rollef (DONE)
Angus (DONE)
flatwood (DONE)
lastcoyote (DONE)

Cart 2:
1mic (DONE)
moonstruck production (DONE)
Bigbeaner (MISSING?) :(
Jusetin

Cart 3:
brokenflashlight (DONE)
Superbus_ (DONE)
Patrick (DONE)
richard p.t. (DONE)

Cart 4:
etimh (DONE)
vidwerk (DONE)
romeojesus (ABSENCE)
predooo (WAITING FOR REPLY TO DO OR NOT)

Cart 5: COMPLETED
James E (DONE)
CHAS (DONE)
Pelle.txt (DONE)
Rick Palidwor (DONE)
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
1mic

Post by 1mic »

I did send him an email two days ago, but again no response.
Haven't seen anything from him for along time now,
i dó hope he's allright.
1mic

Post by 1mic »

Okay, i checked his youtube channel, last login 5 days ago, hmmm
RYAN BENNETT will you PLEASE send the f-ing cart!
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

OK, I sent him PM on youtube as well...in nice tone. Hopefully he will return the cart.... without going the hard way! :twisted:

Maybe... maybe if we ever, or anyone else dare to do the PTC3... all shooters must have provide the informations like youtube. MSN. Facebook or personal emails... for easy chase back the cart.

By the way. Pedroo promise will do the shooting his part this Sunday and return the cart to me next Wednesday. Relax guys... i will hand him the film cart face to fact and he will return it to me. I know him for long so the film cart is in control... he won't miss.

that's the update for now.

PTC2 Update Statis: (21st November, 2008)
Cart 1:
Rollef (DONE)
Angus (DONE)
flatwood (DONE)
lastcoyote (DONE)

Cart 2:
1mic (DONE)
Bigbeaner (MISSING?)
Jusetin

Cart 3:
brokenflashlight (DONE)
Superbus_ (DONE)
Patrick (DONE)
richard p.t. (DONE)

Cart 4:
etimh (DONE)
vidwerk (DONE)
romeojesus (ABSENCE)
predooo (Film arrive soon)

James E (DONE)
CHAS (DONE)
Pelle.txt (DONE)
Rick Palidwor (DONE)

Last Coyote
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

LC, thank you for staying on top of this. Im sure BigBeaner will come through in the end and we'll have a completed project that we can all take pride in. I'll commit to paying the entry fees for a couple of the Georgia festivals next year; Macon and Atlanta or Savannah but somebody else will have to do the press kit on it and the poster. You are the poster man, LC!!!
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

Guys!!!!!! Again!!! another good news, BigBeaner just PM me and let me know that he has done his part and will send out the cart tomorrow and follow with a confirmation email.

Another person make me respect! Thanks BigBeaner!!! now... seems like PTC2 is really breaking all the curse and get the whole thing complete!!!!

Cowboy... in case u need me to work on poster or something... let me know.... I'm the poster man!!!

PTC2 Update Statis: (21st November, 2008)
Cart 1:
Rollef (DONE)
Angus (DONE)
flatwood (DONE)
lastcoyote (DONE)

Cart 2:
1mic (DONE)
Bigbeaner (Film will send out tomorrow)
Jusetin

Cart 3:
brokenflashlight (DONE)
Superbus_ (DONE)
Patrick (DONE)
richard p.t. (DONE)

Cart 4:
etimh (DONE)
vidwerk (DONE)
romeojesus (ABSENCE)
predooo (Film arrive soon)

James E (DONE)
CHAS (DONE)
Pelle.txt (DONE)
Rick Palidwor (DONE)
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

Cool - I look forward to this. I can show the completed film at the Echo Park Film Center here in Los Angeles. They would be happy to see this program and I'm sure we can get a big turnout (partially because there are only 60 seats!)