A good bell & howell

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Shanec8mm

A good bell & howell

Post by Shanec8mm »

What would be a good bell & howell 8mm camera, (one that uses double 8mm or regular 8mm) from say the early 60's, that would work well with kodaks cine chrome 40 tungsten film. I have a B&H from 1957 that i am going to try once my film gets here from dwaynes. many of you here have recommended using a 0.3 neutral density filter and a #85 on my front lens of my current B&H, which i plan on using in this manner. But it would be nice to locate one that will run at different ASA speeds, and not just ASA 10 and ASA 16 like mine from '57.
Thanks ..
Shane...
super8man

Post by super8man »

None...go for a Bolex - I like the K1, K2, P1 and P2...there is also a P3 and P4.

AVOID B&H in standard 8...waste of precious film $$$$
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
Evan Kubota

Post by Evan Kubota »

I saw a P1 that sold for $40 the other day. IMO considering that film costs at least $18-20 for a processed 50', it's absurd to use a $5 camera when that will drastically reduce the quality of your (expensive) footage. You can probably get an H8 with Yvar primes for $75 or less if you look around.