super8 ekta cross processed advice

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Justin Lovell

super8 ekta cross processed advice

Post by Justin Lovell »

hey,

anyone cross processed ekta super 8 and had it transferred?

Am about to do a test with Niagra custom labs in Toronto on this.

I've been told that the life span on film SHORTENS DRAMATICALLY if you cross process the film.

I was told that within 2 weeks the film will start to 'deteriorate' and lost some of its saturation.

If this is the case I am planning to xfer the film to video as soon as possible. (I am also doing this with some 16mm footage, which I will have a interpositive(?) made so I don't have to touch the original and hopefully a print will last longer than the original).

jusetan
robbie

Post by robbie »

my crossprocessing has mostly gone to print. the super8 and 16mm has looked good for the most part. the parts that look good have been exposed properly and creativly illuminated. the labs ive used to process provide some sort stabilization to keep the neg from deteriorating. the bad stuff looks too green or yellow and the the good stuffs looks great!. im sure i can have the lab print or transfer with color correcting to enhance the image. makes me sad they are discontinuing ektachrome.