Beaulieu 7008 pro for sale

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Mikael

Beaulieu 7008 pro for sale

Post by Mikael »

Beaulieu 7008 pro with Angenieux 6-80 f1.2 / t1.4 for sale.

Check Classifieds.

Please note: The Iscorama 54 anamorphic lens in front of the 6-80 is not included..

Santo

Post by Santo »

Nice.

You are putting this up on ebay? Put this up on ebay U.S. with a good comprehensive ad and several photos of the actual camera and what you get and mention the lens rarity and you'll easily get top price based on what these cameras seem to sell for.
LastQuark

Post by LastQuark »

This same picture inspired me somewhat over a year ago to get a similar camera and the anamorphic lens. Great set-up. Why are you selling it? Moving up to 16? If this went through Bjorn, it can command a higher price from what I observed selling Beaulieus in eBay.

arnaud

Post by arnaud »

Great couple Mikael,
I don't know if it was your camera but I had the same experience as "LastQuark". A similar picture that I saw around here made me buy an Isco 54 on ebay (Should be here in Paris, in about 3 days). I have a 4008 with the cool angenieux (same specs as yours) designed for the ZM2, and I was wondering at which effective focal length does the Iscorama start vignetting? What is the zoom's range with the adaptor (pardon my french, I don't know how to say it, but hopefully you see what I mean).
Thanks,
arnaud (Paris)
sunrise

Post by sunrise »

If I had the money right now I would buy this camera right away.

I would then swap the lens with my motorised Angenieux 6-80 t1.4 that is currently sitting on my 7008S and send both cams to Bjorn.

I would then sell the 7008S with Mikael's lens, which in the end would make the upgrade the crystal synch quite cheap.

....damn damn damn....

michael
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Just wondering how much all that lens assembly weighs? It looks as though it must put an enormous amount of strain on the mount.
Yemi

Post by Yemi »

Just wondering how much all that lens assembly weighs? It looks as though it must put an enormous amount of strain on the mount.
i agree. I use an Isco 54 all the time and it weighs about 1 kilo. Dangling it off the end of a big zoom lens is not very smart.

------
Yemi
LastQuark

Post by LastQuark »

SteveH wrote:Just wondering how much all that lens assembly weighs? It looks as though it must put an enormous amount of strain on the mount.
The lens is heavy. The pic just shows how strong the c-mount of the camera is :wink:. I got the idea of lens mount from Yemi about a year ago with his Cavision carbon fiber rod system. I copied it exactly. This is how mine looks now but on an Angenieux f1.2, 6-90:

I got the base adapter from Bjorn in Sweden, Cavision in Canada, and Iscorama 54 lens from UK.

Konton

Post by Konton »

Which part is from Cavision in Canada?
Justin Miller
CDI

Post by CDI »

How much of the zoom range do you get w/ that anamorphic setup (without vignetting)? How wide does it go?
Mikael

Post by Mikael »

The Iscorama was only mounted unsupported a very brief time, for the sake of that photo.
Lastquark´s setup is totally the way to go... (would be nice if you could have a Glidecam V-8 with that aswell, and maybe a Cavision 4x4 bellows in front of the anamorphic maybe ? :D )
About the vignetting issue.. I think it started to vignett in the viewfinder around 9 or was it 15 ??
Jemi or Lastquark, what´s the verdict ?
With respect to the idea of the iscorama 54 on the 4008:
Someone should shoot a test, since the "cover" in the viewfinder is different on these two cams... it´s doesn´t help that both lack markings on the ground glass...
Mikael

Post by Mikael »

Funny if the cam should go back to the states since that´s where i bought it from...
Yemi

Post by Yemi »

Mikael wrote:The Iscorama was only mounted unsupported a very brief time, for the sake of that photo.
Lastquark´s setup is totally the way to go... (would be nice if you could have a Glidecam V-8 with that aswell, and maybe a Cavision 4x4 bellows in front of the anamorphic maybe ? :D )
About the vignetting issue.. I think it started to vignett in the viewfinder around 9 or was it 15 ??
Jemi or Lastquark, what´s the verdict ?
With respect to the idea of the iscorama 54 on the 4008:
Someone should shoot a test, since the "cover" in the viewfinder is different on these two cams... it´s doesn´t help that both lack markings on the ground glass...
That's a very professional looking setup from Lastquark. I'm happy to hear that I helped provide the inspiration! The Angenieux 6-80mm and
6-90mm have quite a reputation but I'm guessing that the vignetting cut-off must be at least around the 15 to 20mm mark. Not bad, but the viewing angle is not that wide even when you take the x1.5 horizontal compression into account. With the Isco54 in front of a modest zoom, you could shoot with the main lens at around the 10mm mark. My Canon 518SV is free of vignetting throughout the entire zoom range but I'm not suggesting that it'll perform like a 7008 pro!!

Shooting anamorphic with the main lens at a wide angle also provides you with more depth of field. The anamorphic will not alter the DOF in any way and that's worth remembering. For instance, you may stick a x2 anamorphic lens in front of your main lens and set the focal length to 25mm. The x2 horizontal compression will give you a horizontal viewing angle of 12.5mm but the DOF will not change.

------
Yemi
LastQuark

Post by LastQuark »

Konton wrote:Which part is from Cavision in Canada?
This is the rod system that is mounted directly to the tripod. It provides support for the lens and includes the base where the flatbase adapter of the camera is mounted to.
CDI wrote:How much of the zoom range do you get w/ that anamorphic setup (without vignetting)? How wide does it go?
Yemi wrote:I'm guessing that the vignetting cut-off must be at least around the 15 to 20mm mark.
I can get 9mm before vignetting on the viewfinder. But I never shot at 9mm to confirm. I always set mine to 10mm minimum for safety and does not show any vignetting.

Yemi, I'm curious if this was tried on the same lens. I have designed the a-lens mount (done by SRB) so the rear lens element of the a-lens will be as close as possible to the camera lens. The Angenieux has a relatively small front lens element size - 62mm.

Yemi

Post by Yemi »

LastQuark wrote:
Konton wrote:Which part is from Cavision in Canada?
This is the rod system that is mounted directly to the tripod. It provides support for the lens and includes the base where the flatbase adapter of the camera is mounted to.
CDI wrote:How much of the zoom range do you get w/ that anamorphic setup (without vignetting)? How wide does it go?
Yemi wrote:I'm guessing that the vignetting cut-off must be at least around the 15 to 20mm mark.
I can get 9mm before vignetting on the viewfinder. But I never shot at 9mm to confirm. I always set mine to 10mm minimum for safety and does not show any vignetting.

Yemi, I'm curious if this was tried on the same lens. I have designed the a-lens mount (done by SRB) so the rear lens element of the a-lens will be as close as possible to the camera lens. The Angenieux has a relatively small front lens element size - 62mm.

Wow. That's pretty impressive considering the size of the lens. I was guessing based on the zoom range and the fast aperture. Yes, 62mm is a pretty small front element size for such a big zoom. Do you have any clips on-line?

-----
Yemi