Cheapest K40 and PK-59 mailers?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Fifth Beatle

Post by Fifth Beatle »

Jay,

I couldn't tell you exactly whether the report is true or not. Even if it is, you would probably have to confirm it by calling Kodak as opposed to on-line. Plus, it may be that they haven't initiated the sale just yet. You could e-mail the guy who made the original post: Chris Cottrill - chris_cottrill@yahoo.com. Maybe he knows more details.
~5B
P.S. - As far as independent retailers- I don't know how they stay in business, except maybe it's convenient to some people, like if the store is near where they live. Or maybe some people don't mind paying higher prices if they only film every so often.
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

supa_ate_sixteen

you were right! call 1-800-621-3456 with a credit card in hand and you get the film and mailer for $13.31 each Awsome deal
supa_ate_sixteen

Post by supa_ate_sixteen »

Wow, cool! Well actually 5th Beatle was the first to inform me about this info so he deserves the credit. My question now is ( which I will call about tomorrow ) is if I have a student ID will I get 20% off the $13.31 deal? That means stock and processing for an amazing $10.65. NOW THAT WOULD BE SWEET!!!! SUPER 8 FEATURE HERE I COME!!!!
jessh

Post by jessh »

let me know if you can get a discount on them and how much, $10.65/roll would be great.
Kodak doesnt really have much for sale on their webpage, I think super8 is the only motion picture film they have on the webpage, and no mention of processing (not for sale atleast)
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

yes it was Beatle with that breaking news report, THANKS!!!

ok I just called to check on the student discount, and the prices will be $10.83 for film and mailer package with the student discount. Standard price is 13.54 Fax # for the east coast it is 1-800-755-1816 wait 10 minutes then call 1-800-621-3456 with your order. They will have to get your fax off the machine and process it with your order. which makes me think you will have to fax it in everytime.

Jay
nermanflapkit

K-40 @ $10.83 with Processing

Post by nermanflapkit »

Just ordered five (5) rolls of K-40 with processing from Kodak for $10.83 per. Thanks to everyone on the board who found out about this.
supa_ate_sixteen

Post by supa_ate_sixteen »

I called Kodak today and they mentioned that the new pairing of PK-59 mailers with K40 Super 8 cartridges (possibly others, I haven't checked yet.) is becoming a mandatory price and not a "special" or a "sale." So no one has to think that this is temporary, hopefully this price will stay in effect for quite some time. After speaking with Roger (Moviestuff) it was thought that perhaps this was a method for Kodak to get rid of all thier old jittery stock. According to the woman I spoke with, Kodak has disposed of these cartridges and will not be selling any of the old jittery stock. So we can finally rest assure if were ordering straight from Kodak, we will have cheaper prices on film and processing and no longer have to worry about getting "the jitters". AAAAAAAA-MEN!!!