Super8 Hits The Front Page At Kodak!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Ericus

Post by Ericus »

On the Beaulieu France site there is mentioned: "The activity of manufacture and reconditioning of Super 8 cameras is definitively stopped since September 01, 2002." A rough translation from French.

So, no more new Beaulieus anymore.

I have also 6008 S and Pro models and some time ago I asked from Bavaria films to remanufacture them to 7008/9008 Pro model. They told me that they could do it, but the S model was very expencive to remanufacture and also the 6008 Pro model was very expencive.

They sent me an email: "Unfortunately it is technically possible to convert the S model to the PRO model and vice versa, but not economically, it would cost you more than 1000 EUR plus VAT."

They told me to find a 7008 instead! Happily I managed to get my hands on an almost "new" 7008 Pro a while ago.

But if you have the money, you could get a new 9008Pro model from Bavaria films, or almost a new.
Carlos 8mm

Post by Carlos 8mm »

Take in account that this year Wittner K. starts to sell Super 8 film (Fuji F-500T) in 200 ft spools. And in january, 2004, Andec will release this film stock + F-250D in 50, 100 & 200 ft spools.

Perhaps all this is an important signal to Kodak?

If Wittner and Andec in Germany can sell these stocks, why not Kodak?

Something new will came from Kodak?

Uff, too much questions. :?

Carlos
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

Old Uncle Barry wrote:S8B-you raised another interesting item there about 16mm.My point is if the stuff was not selling too good then sureley Kodak would not have considered manufacturing K40 reversal? which,lets face it,is still mostly used by amateur filmers.Wouldlike to know your thoughts on this one and if anyone else out there has a slant on why Kodak do this?
I believe I read somewhere during the last year that S8 actually outsold 16mm. Maybe Kodak wants to find out if there is a customer base sufficiently big for both S8 and 16mm together to continue to produce the "chrome".

If the K40 is a problem basically a higher production amount may be better than worse? And I guess that anything [s8?] which is good for 16mm is good for Kodak.

Any 16mm publisity is good for Kodak?

Out of curiosity. How many on this board shoots 16mm K40/reversal?

R
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
Old Uncle Barry

Post by Old Uncle Barry »

Yes,well I do and its stunning!Long may it reign!