Forgot my website - du-oh...

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Santo

Post by Santo »

Glad to see you're doing some updates. I've thought yours is one of the funnest super 8 sites. Nice 715 Bauer you scored. If you want a suggestion for something to put on your site, how about a few really, really sharp frames from that one! I'd sure like to see how that awesome looking lens performs!
super8man

Trouble...

Post by super8man »

Part of the trouble is getting the film physically in the scanner - for the lightning shot I had to CUT the film (aaaaahhh) and then replice the original footage. It was then scanned at 8000dpi and then reduced to 300dpi for printing. The grain and the lack of exact sharp focus I attribute to being on a small motor boat in choppy water trying to film the canoes racing ( my other site: http://www.outriggercanoe.com may explain this shot better?).

Anyhow, I was thinking exactly what you suggest after reading the old KODAK MOVIE NEWS mags with their single image blowups in the back. Seems the typical size that retains the quality of the 8mm original is 2x3inches.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Michael
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
filmbuff

Re: Trouble...

Post by filmbuff »

super8man wrote: Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Michael
I think the weblink in your signature is missing the "mnyberg" part.
avortex

Post by avortex »

Michael,

What about a repost of your article about the "Canon 1014XL-S"?

Thanks for the update! :wink:
Marc
super8man

whoopes

Post by super8man »

Too much excitement over super 8 cmaeras and film makes me jump ahead!

I am planning to redo my 814XLS review - nothing too technical, just praise over the camera as a whole, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Michael
BolexPlusX

Post by BolexPlusX »

Hey Michael!,

It's great to hear from you again! Three years ago when I finally got on the internet and decided to research the life or death of Super-8, yours was the first site I found. Within 10 minutes I was inspired to get some film, grab a camera and go make films again.

Thanks!
super8man

awesome...

Post by super8man »

Glad to hear it - I became reinspired again after a little bit of a hiatus in the 35mm world of still images. After finding a few new pieces of gear on the net and shooting some more film, I got the bug again! It;s nice to see some of the auction prices down a bit from the stratosphere of the late 1990's!!!

More updates to my website should be forthcoming by the end of the weekend!

Cheers,
Michael
Scotness

Post by Scotness »

Hey I remember your site - it was one of the first I came across when researching for In My Image a few years ago - you still have that...um .....woman on the front - how could anyone forget that - that's enought to inspire you to Super 8 alone :roll:

Scot
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K
Angus

Post by Angus »

BolexPlusX wrote:Hey Michael!,

It's great to hear from you again! Three years ago when I finally got on the internet and decided to research the life or death of Super-8, yours was the first site I found. Within 10 minutes I was inspired to get some film, grab a camera and go make films again.

Thanks!
Got to say the same. I have been on the net for nigh on a decade but I first looked at super 8 in 2000, and Michael's site was the first I came across.

It inspired me to buy my first rolls of super 8 since 1995 and I've not looked back.
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Same with me! I even submitted typos! :lol:
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
super8man

thanks!!!

Post by super8man »

Many thanks for the good words. Others wrote to suggest I do a forum and chat board but it is so nice to see this site with a TONNE of readers/users. WOW! Now I have to redo my links page to add this site to it! I love this site! Hopefully, the major super 8 sites compliment each other (though I am still p-o'd that one site has blatantly copied a couple of my pages and posted it as his own - some guy in Asia I think). What do they say: Imitiation is the highest form of flattery...something like that.

I was originally inspired by that citynet fodder site and realized back in the late 1990's that there seemed to be a need for some down-to-earth information.

Cheers all.
Michael