Process EM-26

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Arislan

Process EM-26

Post by Arislan »

My grandfather died over 30 years ago and I have a cart of film from his Super 8 camera. I'm sorta curious to process it and see what's in it. Who still processes EM-26?

It might be a complete waste of money or there might be something interesting in there. I guess I'll only know if I try to develop it.

Thanks.
"Here we all are, all our nationalities chatting and joking on a forum- two or three generations ago we were blowing each other up! "
Arislan

Re: Process EM-26

Post by Arislan »

By the way, on the cart it says:

E160
P

Kodak Ektachrome 160 Movie Film Type A

V57621 K30753

Would these help me figure out which country he bought the cartridge at?

Thanks.
"Here we all are, all our nationalities chatting and joking on a forum- two or three generations ago we were blowing each other up! "
mr8mm

Post by mr8mm »

Your best bet is Martin Baumgarten in Plattsburgh New York. He was under Plattsburgh Photo. Don't get your hopes too high. Age fog has probably wiped out any image.
Arislan

Post by Arislan »

mr8mm wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:18 pm Your best bet is Martin Baumgarten in Plattsburgh New York. He was under Plattsburgh Photo. Don't get your hopes too high. Age fog has probably wiped out any image.
Thanks, John!
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Or www.super8.nl if you're in Europe.

-- Or Film Rescue International for world wide service of expired films (they're located in North America/Canada I think. (google them)

/Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
Angus

Post by Angus »

As far as I can tell, EM-26 is very similar (if not identical) to E6 with the addition of a step whereby the remjet (removable jet-black antihalation) layer is removed. This would gunk up a regular E6 processing lab.

I've done Ektachrome 160 super 8 in E6 chemistry myself with professional results.

So it shouldn't be too difficult for any of the cottage industries processing amateur cine film to handle it but it might cost a premium over standard E6 processing.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)