Silverprint

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

mr_x

Silverprint

Post by mr_x »

Silverprint, late of Waterloo, now late of Elephant & Castle - end of an era - Silverprint was my regular stop when I worked solely in black & white stills - then they were one of the few places in London you could get cine film, now they are moving down to Poole. Nice for them, what worries me is, is this a disastrous move for them economically - I cannot believe the trade down south will equal London with all its students and colleges?

https://www.silverprint.co.uk/silverpri ... -the-move/
nikonr10

Re: Silverprint

Post by nikonr10 »

mr_x wrote:Silverprint, late of Waterloo, now late of Elephant & Castle - end of an era - Silverprint was my regular stop when I worked solely in black & white stills - then they were one of the few places in London you could get cine film, now they are moving down to Poole. Nice for them, what worries me is, is this a disastrous move for them economically - I cannot believe the trade down south will equal London with all its students and colleges?

https://www.silverprint.co.uk/silverpri ... -the-move/
If 85% is orders on Line , Why pay high london rents , guess it all maths , a loss on the 15%, Put it down to London and high cost of living . its just not cheap even for them students in that CITY ?
I have always did online shopping with them for years . :D
doug

Post by doug »

It's sad to see yet another London photographic shop of the genuine variety, closing its doors. Not that I get to London very much these days. But I'm sure there are many up there who will miss visiting Silverprint. There is something very impersonal getting everything you need online. Frequently you just need a reassuring chat with someone knowledgable before making a purchase.
Having said that, welcome to Dorset, Silverprint :ymhug: It's a relaxing and friendly place to run a photographic shop, at least that's what I've found these last 10 years or so. And perhaps surprisingly, there are many down here who shoot film. The amazing Jurassic coastline perhaps provides inspiration.
Last edited by doug on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doug
www.filmisfine.co
doug

Post by doug »

doug wrote:It's sad to see yet another London photographic shop of the genuine variety, closing its doors. Not that I get to London very much these days. But I'm sure there are many up there who will miss visiting Silverprint. There is something very impersonal getting everything you need online. Frequently you just need a reassuring chat with someone knowledgable before making a purchase.
Having said that, welcome to Dorset, Silverprint :ymhug: It's a relaxing and friendly place to run a photographic shop, at least that's what I've found these last 10 years or so. And perhaps surprisingly, there are many down here who shoot film. The amazing Jurassic coastline perhaps provides inspiration.
Doug
www.filmisfine.co