Super8data.com?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Mana

Re: Super8data.com?

Post by Mana »

Pj wrote:Is the site gone? And all the pictures? The archives don't seem to keep the pictures.

Pav
Be nice is if Wittner hosted the site. I mean all of us guys trying to find info on cameras we already own or want to buy need film stock!
R8: Bolex B8

S8: Beaulieu 7008 Pro, Beaulieu 4008zm2 "Jubilee", Leicina Special, Eumig Nautica (24fps)

DS8: Bolex H8 Rex4

S16: Bolex Rex4
Simon Lucas

Post by Simon Lucas »

Mana wrote:
Pj wrote:Is the site gone? And all the pictures? The archives don't seem to keep the pictures.

Pav
Be nice is if Wittner hosted the site. I mean all of us guys trying to find info on cameras we already own or want to buy need film stock!
My guess is that unless someone can contact the owner, before his ISP deletes the files, it is gone.
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Who is the owner? Anyone have any contact information?
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Btw, this is also a good source for information (allthough the original site is down):

https://web.archive.org/web/20150511001 ... i/puistot/
Andreas Wideroe

Charlie Blackfield

Post by Charlie Blackfield »

aj wrote:How difficult is it and how much does it possibly cost to keep up a .com domain?
As the owner of another .com domain (albeit a much less popular one), I can assure you that the cost of keeping up a .com domain is next to nothing. When it comes to transferring an existing .com domain from one owner to another, the price will be next to nothing plus whatever price the original owner and the future owner have agreed on, i.e. anything between zero and infinite - who knows?

Charlie
aj

Post by aj »

It was a bit rhetoric :) I am aware having a .com domainname registered doesn't really cost that much.

I would assume Andreas could do the data hosting. This site itself has been up since 2003 and I am quite sure Andreas isn't in it for the money :)

It could be with or without the domainname. Like http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
The trick for super8data and super8list would be to get the original content-owners to upload from their content system (assuming they have one) to this site and have Andreas setup a subdomain and spend some diskstorage. It is unknown why they have given up. Hopefully they can find their files and find the will to share these one more time.
Kind regards,

André
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

I'm absolutely not in it for the money. I love super8 (and film in general) and would be honoured to help keep such a valuable site up and running.

If anyone can help get in touch with the owner I will do all the job getting it up and running again.

Best,
Andreas
Andreas Wideroe

S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

Some info here: http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/u ... 8;t=003672

Dunno if FaceCrap of Twat can do? I am not there, luckily.
Carlos Pradera
Carlos Pradera
Ctra Argentona 12, Esc E, Bajos 4
Vilassar de Mar, Barcelona 08340
SPAIN
Telephone: 34658135015

The owner/admin is from Spain as above. The webpage is paid up until 2018, so my guess is the database went down and the ISP has no idea, and the owner hasn't been checking lately. This happens to me from time to time on certain sites i administer and it is very frustrating. The ISP's should have a mechanism to tell them when customer sites are unreachable...but they don't care...they just want the money upfront and that is that.
It is a great site, and I am certain it will be up again soon!
Cheers,
Matt
Some times the ISP providers can F::K things up - i lost my brand domain due to this - som cheese hooked on it and sat on it for a year but then he/they released the was no value (for them) in keeping it so i got it back on normal terns. I got a new very professional ISP provider after that.

Well,....

Shoot...8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
avortex

Post by avortex »

Important update about SUPER8DATA
==============================

I phoned Carles yesterday, and he told me that both the domain and THE CONTENT of super8data are now property of Wittner.
The domain is now redirected to Wittner's website -as all of you have noticed-, but the content should be online again very soon.

Carles is also away from the super-8 world now, so please don't try to contact him about these issues. And please, don't publish personal info about him (phone, adress,...)
Marc
Mana

Post by Mana »

Cheers for the update and information Marc!
R8: Bolex B8

S8: Beaulieu 7008 Pro, Beaulieu 4008zm2 "Jubilee", Leicina Special, Eumig Nautica (24fps)

DS8: Bolex H8 Rex4

S16: Bolex Rex4
aj

Post by aj »

Any news or progress? The domainname has been seized by Wittner but the content can easily be uploaded to some free space at filmshooting.com Don't expect Wittner to spend time on this.

With some clever SEO google will quickly adapt to the new URL like super8data.filmshooting.com
Kind regards,

André
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

No news from filmshooting, but I'm keen on putting together a new super8 data list. Perhaps we could do it together? I set up the system and we all punch the data?
Andreas Wideroe

Will2

Post by Will2 »

Like a Wiki? It would be nice to take photos of my Super 8 gear and contribute to a database.
Nicholas Kovats

Post by Nicholas Kovats »

Let's do it! Super 8 data wants to be free!
Nicholas Kovats
Shoot film! facebook.com/UltraPan8WidescreenFilm
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Whats specs do we want and should we add some more lines to it compared to Super8 data, Ie. user review?
Andreas Wideroe