100 d kodak on ebay ?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

nikonr10

Re: 100 d kodak on ebay ?

Post by nikonr10 »

kuparikettu wrote:
JeremyC wrote:My concern for Ferrania is whether these delays will eat through their working capital before they have a chance to start generating an income stream.
Fortunately, these delays have cost them nothing -- renovation of the factory is paid for by the regional authorities.
Thank you for the update , Anyone have a idea on how much this film is going to cost ?
As it seem so much of us are now looking to Ferrania for hope in our beloved Gauge in E6 + .
Angus

Post by Angus »

Ferrania haven't said much about likely cost of the film, other than that they will try to keep the price down. The best I can remember is a fairly vague comment about it being cheaper than what's available now. I am assuming they were referring to eBay NOS 100D and the colour reversal stocks reslit by the likes of Kahl and Wittner.

The more we buy, the chances are the cheaper it will get. Though I have to say I will be able to justify £15-20 a cartridge far more than £30 a cartridge.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
aj

Post by aj »

Seems at Wittner now all Super-8 costs Euro 38,90 Without processing!

Super8.nl TriX takes Euro 42 incl processing and Vision Euro 54

All of sudden shooting Polaroid Impossible at Euro 2 per exposure doesn't seem so odd.
Kind regards,

André
Angus

Post by Angus »

The Adox super 8 B&W film is cheaper than tri-x.

All we can do is support Ferrania in whatever way each of us can and hope that their product is worthy, and cheaper than the competition. That's their aim.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
aj

Post by aj »

You are right on the ADOX.
Locally listed here at Euro 20 incl sales tax.
Kind regards,

André
JeremyC

Post by JeremyC »

Fortunately, these delays have cost them nothing -- renovation of the factory is paid for by the regional authorities
That's true but they still have saleries to cover and inputs.
mr_x

Post by mr_x »

Ferrania - the question is 'when', then to worry about how much? Ferrania motion film was supposed to be hitting the shelves for retai this spring, we are now entering autumn. Any ideas please?

Thanks.
aj

Post by aj »

mr_x wrote:Ferrania - the question is 'when', then to worry about how much? Ferrania motion film was supposed to be hitting the shelves for retai this spring, we are now entering autumn. Any ideas please?

Thanks.
It has just been explained. Delays due to an asbestos find and clearing. Also they needed to resource steampower for the 'chiller'machine
Kind regards,

André
kuparikettu

Post by kuparikettu »

JeremyC wrote:
Fortunately, these delays have cost them nothing -- renovation of the factory is paid for by the regional authorities
Probably because of this they won't be back in the factory until September when everything should be ready for the production.
mr_x

Post by mr_x »

kuparikettu wrote:
JeremyC wrote:
Probably because of this they won't be back in the factory until September when everything should be ready for the production.
So, final clearance of asbestos, brand new steam plant installed and connected up to the rest of the plant and ready for production in September. I do hope so, I can assure you mine will be one of the first orders through the door - Monday sees my last reel ever of Ektachrome whirring through the H16. So fingers & toes crossed for Film Ferrania!
doug

Post by doug »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121736665438? ... EBIDX%3AIT

If this is anything to go by, all that money for just 2 rolls of outdated 16mm 100D :D there's certainly a market for a 100 asa reversal movie film. But I do hope Ferrania can keep the price well down.

Kodak must be insane to ditch Ektachrome.
Doug
www.filmisfine.co
mr_x

Post by mr_x »

doug wrote:
Kodak must be insane to ditch Ektachrome.
They may well find themselves crying in their beer if Film Ferrania take off. No filming for me today however - you can depend on summer bank holiday weather for that :(