100 d kodak on ebay ?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

nikonr10

100 d kodak on ebay ?

Post by nikonr10 »

I know this is not new but there is a seller on ebay selling kodak 100 d at 65 pounds , I am so happy that had the insight stock up on this film when i did ,
Charlie Blackfield

Re: 100 d kodak on ebay ?

Post by Charlie Blackfield »

The big question is: Selling the stock at 65 pounds - or just trying to sell it at that price?

Charlie
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

Charlie Blackfield wrote:The big question is: Selling the stock at 65 pounds - or just trying to sell it at that price?

Charlie
On his ebay ad he has many cartridges , 65 pounds is just for one cart no dev or transfer ,
so that would be the price of four cartridges back in them kodak Day's ,
aj

Post by aj »

Wittner still sells from old stock. Although the price was upped considerably.
Super8.nl still sells from old stock but only including processing.

In the end of Kodachrome nearing period of time a seller in USA (Javacycle something) sold at excessive prices. Apparently there are buyers at any given time who will buy at nearly whatever price. I.e. they are not paying themselves or they have a necessity to complete a project and a few tens on a film is then a minor thing.
Kind regards,

André
grainy

Post by grainy »

What do you guys think IS a good price for a roll of 100d?
Personally, I have two unopened refrigerated rolls that I probably will not shoot - my cameras don't seem to like them -- I'd like to sell them and get some triX
G
doug

Post by doug »

grainy wrote:What do you guys think IS a good price for a roll of 100d?
Personally, I have two unopened refrigerated rolls that I probably will not shoot - my cameras don't seem to like them -- I'd like to sell them and get some triX
G
Certainly no more than 15 quid. Ebay 100D prices are disgraceful. I'll continue to sell mine at 14.50 GBP.
Doug

http://www.filmisfine.co
Doug
www.filmisfine.co
gbarac
Location: Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska (Bosnia&Herzegovina)

Post by gbarac »

Two 16 mm rolls of KODAK EKTACHROME 100D on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-Kodak-Ektac ... 1c5812195e
aj

Post by aj »

Difficult to use in a super-8 camera :)
Kind regards,

André
Angus

Post by Angus »

Sadly it's supply and demand. 100D is not in production any more, and a small but tangible number of people want it.

It's the same in the world of cassette tape. No hi-fi quality tape is in production any more and the prices for fresh chrome and metal cassettes are insane.

If Ferrania get their production of colour reversal film going this year they know there's a market.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
mr8mm

Post by mr8mm »

Did someone mention Ferrania? Do they still exist? Is it for real or was it all a scam? I donated $$$ and I have received no promised sample. Does anyone have reliable knowledge about the situation in Italy?
Angus

Post by Angus »

Everyone who donated should get news updates. They are behind schedule due to the discovery of large quantities of asbestos that had to be removed from the fabric of their factory building, and power supply issues. It's hardly surprising that they've hit problems, most large projects do. They issue a newsletter approximately once a month.

I donated at the level to receive a signed postcard, which arrived in early January so the lower level rewards were certainly delivered.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
kuparikettu

Post by kuparikettu »

Ferrania is waiting for a new, large chiller to be delivered and installed. After that they'll be finally able to continue with the production.

Delays were unfortunate: first they found asbestos during the renovation of the factory, then due to the delay caused by the asbestos removal they weren't able to use the steam power from the old Ferrania factory as a new road was going to be built through the area and that steam pipe was going to be closed by the summer (now they have their own steam power installed). In addition to that, due to the delay it was already too hot in Italy for them to use the small chiller in the production.

Now all the pieces seem to be getting in their places. Hopefully the large chiller is soon installed!
kontrabass888

Post by kontrabass888 »

It looks like If every thing goes fine we will see their films on market next year.
JeremyC

Post by JeremyC »

My concern for Ferrania is whether these delays will eat through their working capital before they have a chance to start generating an income stream.
kuparikettu

Post by kuparikettu »

JeremyC wrote:My concern for Ferrania is whether these delays will eat through their working capital before they have a chance to start generating an income stream.
Fortunately, these delays have cost them nothing -- renovation of the factory is paid for by the regional authorities.