Logmar began shipping in Jan, any news?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

grainy

Logmar began shipping in Jan, any news?

Post by grainy »

Logmar's blog says they shipped a handful of cameras in January. Someone should've received and used a camera or two by now. Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread. Any news or footage-to-come?
http://www.logmar.dk/category/blog/
kuparikettu

Re: Logmar began shipping in Jan, any news?

Post by kuparikettu »

I have been looking for footage as well, but haven't found any yet. One'd think that at least Pro8mm would have already released some...
Nicholas Kovats

Post by Nicholas Kovats »

Please check out Jean-Louis Seguin's comments in the other Logmar thread. Cheers!
Nicholas Kovats
Shoot film! facebook.com/UltraPan8WidescreenFilm
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

These guys need to step up the PR! I have shot, processed and edited films since the cameras have shipped but not one drop of new information on results, release, prices, nothing?
Reborn member since Sept 2003
JeremyC

Post by JeremyC »

To be fair to them they are most probably dealing with an avalanche of issues coming all at once such as shipping, dealing with customer questions or ironing out equipment issues all the while trying to collate customer responses to the camera plus keep the business going. I was hoping for more information by now but as Jean-Louis reminded me on another thread those who ordered the camera have been asked to give feedback to Logmar and this will be made available in due time. I would bet the father and son team at Logmar are run off their feet at the moment.
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

JeremyC wrote:To be fair to them they are most probably dealing with an avalanche of issues coming all at once such as shipping, dealing with customer questions or ironing out equipment issues all the while trying to collate customer responses to the camera plus keep the business going. I was hoping for more information by now but as Jean-Louis reminded me on another thread those who ordered the camera have been asked to give feedback to Logmar and this will be made available in due time. I would bet the father and son team at Logmar are run off their feet at the moment.
I'm sure the father and son are very busy but maybe Pro8mm, who is the American distributor, could throw something out there? Like "Hey here's a sample clip! still working on some issues but hope to have production going by xxxx" Total silence is not very promising and draining the enthusiasm.
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

"Total silence is not very promising and draining the enthusiasm."
I can be a little prickishley impatient in the morning. Frustrated by the lack of news, but still optimistic and excited. I know it's a big task for 2 guys.
MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff »

I can tell you from mucho experience that the days leading up to the release of a new product is mind numbingly intense. There are all kinds of issues that can come up that can impede the smooth release of a product. What many people forget is that we are operating in a niche market. The demand isn't high by commercial standards but can be overwhelming to a small company with limited resources attempting to make a quality product at a reasonable price. This is even more of an issue when you don't have automation at your disposal for assembly like big manufacturers do. high tech, hand built products have a very small margin on them and mistakes from proceeding too fast can be the difference between staying in business or not. People need to show patience.

My two cents...

Roger