Hall Sensor and magnet and trigger

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

MattiasN

Re: Hall Sensor and magnet and trigger

Post by MattiasN »

No problem :)
carllooper

Post by carllooper »

I want to correct a mistake I made about lenses earlier in the thread. I mentioned that an enlarger lens isn't optimised for 1:1 magnification (ie. for no magnification), and that is, for the reasons stated, generally true (because the use case for an enlarger lens is enlargement), but the Apo Rodagon D is the exception - it actually is optimised for 1:1

http://www.rodenstock-photo.com/en/main ... rodagon-d/

Compared to usual enlarger lenses, this lens would be close to ideal for film to digital transfers. One can treat this particular lens as designed to target just this sort of application. While it's typical that the film-to-sensor application won't be exactly 1:1, the film-to-sensor magnification ratio should sit comfortably within or close to the range of magnifications for which this particular lens is designed. To put it another way: a film transfer application will require a magnification closer to 1:1 than the magnifications required in more typical applications of enlarger lenses, so this particular lens becomes a better choice than the typical enlarger lens.

But more specifically the optimum scale ranges for the three models are:

Apo-Rodagon-D 1x
75 mm f/4
0.8× - 1.2×

Apo-Rodagon-D 2x
75 mm f/4.5
1.2× - 2.5×

Apo-Rodagon-D
120 mm f/5.6
0.5× - 3×

C
Carl Looper
http://artistfilmworkshop.org/
MattiasN

Post by MattiasN »

i have now the Rodenstock APO RODAGON N 2,8/50mm and Leica Leitz Focotar-2 1:4.5/50

but i like the Rodenstock APO-RODAGON D f=75mm 1:4,0 best of all my lenses because i have even sharpen wide open at f/4 and it´s not so hard to focus to get that

and the Leica Leitz Focotar-2 1:4.5/50 was ok to heh it did look like it did have even shapen from f/4.5 to f/16 but maby the cotrast was less good it did feel little darker if i compare to the other lenses :)

so Rodenstock APO-RODAGON D f=75mm 1:4,0 and Rodenstock APO RODAGON N 2,8/50mm and LINOS MeVis-C 50mm are beter

carllooper do you get on your Rodenstock APO RODAGON N 2,8/50mm even sharpeness at f/4 or do you have to go to f/5.6 maby it´s posible to get even sharpen at f/4
but for me it was easier to get good even sharpen with Rodenstock APO-RODAGON D f=75mm 1:4,0 at f/4

now when i capture low and high exposure with Rodenstock APO-RODAGON D f=75mm 1:4,0 i have now on low exposure i have setting at 1/1072 sec and high exposure at 1/86sec
with LINOS MeVis-C 50mm at f/5.6 to get even sharpen i did use low exposure setting at 1/370sec and high exposure setting at 1/26sec