Nizo Professional and Ektachrome 100D

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Nizo Professional and Ektachrome 100D

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Hi,
Just a quick question regarding Ektachrome 100D in a Nizo Pro camera. I'm on vacation at the moment and got a bit confused when shooting.

Will the Nizo read the 100D notching correct without adjusting the daylight/tungsten dial or must it be set to tungsted (to disable the 85 filter)?

In other words: What's the correct setting for E100D in a Nizo Pro when shooting outdoors?

Cheers!
Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
woods01

Re: Nizo Professional and Ektachrome 100D

Post by woods01 »

I havn't used that particular camera but on my 1014XL-S I always have the filter in tungsten mode to make sure the 85 filter is not in place, and the few rolls of 100D that I've shot have all turned out great!
CinemanUK

Post by CinemanUK »

I have a Nizo 561, but I believe that the exposure control system is common to the "Professional" and the "800" range of cameras.

My understanding is that Ektachrome 100 cartridges supplied by Kodak are intended to automatically move the 85 filter out of the way. That being so you should leave the camera setting on daylight. It will automatically remove the 85 filter. If you set the camera to "Tungsten" which would ordinarily bring the 85 filter into place, "notching" on the cartridge will over-ride it. However.....what then happens is that the ASA setting is changed to 160ASA and the consequence of this is a 2/3 stop under exposure.

So, leave the camera set to "daylight". The 85 filter will automatically be removed and exposure will be at 100ASA.
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

Unless the Professional is different than the rest of the Nizo line, the camera will automatically disable the filter but you need to set it on daylight. If you have your switch on tungston, it will uner expose by 2/3rds.
Reborn member since Sept 2003
MIKI-814

Post by MIKI-814 »

I think that some Nizos do not disable automatically the filter with a D cartridge inside and you must do it manually in any case.

In a 1014 and all Canon's It is nonsense to select tungsten because the camera recognizes de daylight cartridge and disables the filter automatically, no matter what is indicated manually.
rlorenz2

Post by rlorenz2 »

The Nizo Pro will disable the filter for 100D. So insert cartage and leave setting on sun symbol. Simple
My films

http://vimeo.com/user1869478