Ricoh 800Z - Anyone has this?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Lunar07

Ricoh 800Z - Anyone has this?

Post by Lunar07 »

A friend of mine got a Ricoh 800Z from a German seller on eBay (3 euros + 35 euros DHL shipping). I checked it for her and it seems to be working fine. This thing seems to support up to 400ASA and takes a PX14 battery for auto metering. I used an Excell battery for the PX14. Nicely built. I like it.
How good are these cameras optics wise? Does anyone know who made the optics for these cameras? Are they any good all in all.
Does anyone have a manual in English (or German)?
jpolzfuss

Re: Ricoh 800Z - Anyone has this?

Post by jpolzfuss »

This space was left intenionally blank.
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

This is, according to the Lossau_book Ricohs top model and "worth mentioning".
Seems like a cool camera
Lunar07

Post by Lunar07 »

I know about this and www.oldtimercameras.com - I buy repair manuals from them when the need arises. But manuals - I meant a manual that is offered publicly and for free :)
Rollef wrote:This is, according to the Lossau_book Ricohs top model and "worth mentioning".
Seems like a cool camera
It is a cool looking camera that is well built and the company has a good track record with making cameras and medium format cameras. We'll have to try it with 100D and 200T. If I like the results I'd like to get one for myself too.
I need to get the Lossau book.
I wish I am in Germany! German sellers sell nice cameras for a dime a dozen :)