Canon 318M Auto Zoom

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

john59

Canon 318M Auto Zoom

Post by john59 »

I have managed to get hold of a Canon 318M Auto Zoom, wonderful condition with every thing including the receipt, problem is though is that there is no image when looking through the viwfinder, nothing at all and yup, I have rmoved the lens cover before you ask :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Any advice chaps :(
71er

Re: Canon 318M Auto Zoom

Post by 71er »

Could be that a mirror in the lightpath of the viewfinder has gone (fallen) out of its place. Don't know how to open this camera and whether it's easy to check.
Alex

Keep on Movieing!
beamascope

Re: Canon 318M Auto Zoom

Post by beamascope »

I had a Sankyo that had the same issue. I opened it up (cause I can't help myself 8) ). Once inside I noticed there was no mirror on the little gizmo that holds it. I figured it had to still be in there since there was no way for it to get out. After some careful looking and rotating of the camera I heard something loose inside. I was able to get it to fall out and glued it back where it belonged. It was tiny so don't expect a 1 inch square of mirror to be in there. It was about 1/4 the size of a micro SD card or smaller.