Have you finished off your Kodachrome yet?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

nickrapak

Re: Have you finished off your Kodachrome yet?

Post by nickrapak »

I finished off my last rolls yesterday, and shipped them Next Day Air to Parsons, with only 1 hour to spare.

As for those of you that haven't received a Paypal invoice yet, I wouldn't get disheartened. They are currently running a 10-15 day backlog, so they may not have gotten to your package yet. I know one of my packages was delivered on the 24th, and they still haven't cashed my check.
winbert

Post by winbert »

Believe me ... all those late shipment will still be processed anyway.

I can say this because Dwayne has a contract with third party labs, such as Spectra, Pro8mm to process all carts received after Dec 30th, because those third party labs also set up the same dateline (i.e Dec 30th, 2010) while they need time to forward to Dwayne.

I have been told by Steve from Pro8mm that there is a grace period for them.

And I don't think Dwayne will disregard your carts when it arrives after Dec 30th, because they still work for the other carts from those labs.

Practically you are safe.

I share my story (also confess my sin :twisted: ), when Dwayne set up the dateline for PK59 prepaid envelope on Dec 31st, 2009, i sent may carts (+ envelopes) several days after the dateline passed by. But because I have a stamp printer machine from Pittney & Bowes (we print our own stamp and date), I turn back the date to Dec 30th and sent them.

You guess...Dwyane still took that envelope for process paid..... :D

So.... as long as you sent on Dec 30th, you are practically OK.

cheers,

winbert
robbie

Post by robbie »

i hope dwayne's is somewhat generous...as of Dec. 30th 2010 at 2PM ..just found out my next day priority overnight guarantee before 10:30AM Fedex of 6 x100' 16mm k40 rolls still have not arrived in Parsons KS at Dwayne's. another sad blow in the demise of this missed stock.