question for adamgarner

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

paul

question for adamgarner

Post by paul »

Hello Adam

I was browsing your website of trigger-studios yesterday, and I am really impressed by it. Great design, superb animations etc.. I really enjoyed it!

I also liked the wedding clips a lot. And this is what I have some questions about. I was wondering what film you used for those interior clips with the dressing etc., especially the black and white film. I found it hard to believe it was all filmed with available light. Is it? Or did you bring some thungstens along?

How many cameras do you bring with you, and, since the images looked quite stable, did you use a digital stabiliser in post?

Do you do some research in advance when making the film? I mean, do you check beforehand if there will be enough available light ?

This was what I got curious about. I hope you won't mind telling your business secrets :mrgreen:

edit/p.s : do you do a lot of directing during filming; do you direct them where to sit and stand?
adamgarner

Re: question for adamgarner

Post by adamgarner »

Thanks for the kind words, and I'll help out where I can:

I shoot with available light during the day... but night shots require supplemental lighting obviously. There are a variety of options for this, so I'd say use what you think works best for you. Tungsten, btw, would be a disaster since it's hot and you have to let it cool before moving it around safely. Weddings are frantic enough.

I bring 2 cameras, but only keep one as a backup in case something were to go horribly wrong with my A cam. No stabilization on the footage. I try to stay away from specialty films that cause jitter. The indoor shots you like were V2 500T as it was shot a ways back. I shoot a little 200T as well. Always use Tri-X for the black and whites.

I don't do research and I don't tell the wedding party what to do. I might ask them to do something again, but I want it to be REAL. If you're paying attention (as a good filmmaker or photog does) you'll see the right shots!!!
Adam
trigger-studios.com
adam@trigger-studios.com