Wal-Mart processing in Canada

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

ECNtoo

Wal-Mart processing in Canada

Post by ECNtoo »

After thinking about the benefit of affordable and convenient processing at Wal-Mart in the USA I decided to write to every store in the vicinity. I asked for the services of super8 and 16mm processing in reversal and negative. I received a response 48 hours later in a phone message mentioning my requests will be sent to the head office. I do not expect all of these services to be made available but think if enough people do this they will bring processing to Wal-Mart Canada. Perhaps everyone in Canada can email the requests to try and make this happen.
woods01

Re: Wal-Mart processing in Canada

Post by woods01 »

Just where in Canada are you? It'd have a higher chance of happening if there is enough requests from the same area especially if its in Ontario.
Rick Palidwor

Post by Rick Palidwor »

I think it would take an enterprising lab to approach Walmart and say "hey, offer this service and we can be your lab".
Rick
ECNtoo

Post by ECNtoo »

I am currently in Alberta but will be moving about. I spoke to them at length. It isn't the lab that needs to make the move. They were very clear that they need to hear from the public that there is a desire for such a service. I explained the situation and it was mentioned that if there were enough people making noise then they would take the film in and likely send it to the company in the USA or find a local supplier. They are very service oriented in order to bring more people through the doors and were interested in what I had to say. All I can suggest is email all of the stores within your proximity (I would put a 4 day break between each email) and let them know you are wanting the aforementioned services. We lose nothing buy trying.
brokenflashlight

Post by brokenflashlight »

I don't get it. Why would you actively seek out a middleman? I'm assuming the price must be a bit better? I still wouldn't want to trust the incompetent high school Wal-Mart photolab dinks in my area with the shipping and handling of my precious film.

Also, haven't there been more than a few Wal-Mart S8 horror stories posted on this board?

Send it directly to your lab.
There can be no thought of finishing, for "aiming at the stars" both literally and figuratively is a problem to occupy generations, so that no matter how much progress one makes there is always the thrill of just beginning.

-Dr. Robert Goddard
Nicholas Kovats

Post by Nicholas Kovats »

I had to reread the previous sequence of posts to make sure I was still sober.

Absolutely.

Lets get our collective filmheads together and initiate a huge raucous effort to get the huge honking Walmart machine to process our expensive footage and simultaneously push for the elimination of your local film lab technicians whose been sucking noxious fumes to develop our precious Super 8 images.

Convenience does not cultivate quality just mediocrity.

Dude. Your local dealer has been distributing bad weed.
Nicholas Kovats
Shoot film! facebook.com/UltraPan8WidescreenFilm
etimh

Post by etimh »

freedom4kids wrote:I had to reread the previous sequence of posts to make sure I was still sober.

Absolutely.

Lets get our collective filmheads together and initiate a huge raucous effort to get the huge honking Walmart machine to process our expensive footage and simultaneously push for the elimination of your local film lab technicians whose been sucking noxious fumes to develop our precious Super 8 images.

Convenience does not cultivate quality just mediocrity.

Dude. Your local dealer has been distributing bad weed.
:D

The walmart-patronizing dopes will never get it.

Funny post freedom.

Tim