Single 8 Film Developing time for US

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Elmogs

Single 8 Film Developing time for US

Post by Elmogs »

Hello All
Have any of you sent in your Single 8 film to be developed by Retro enterprises in Japan from the US?
I shot some footage on Single 8 film and sent it in to have it developed not through Retro but through another company. It was sent in around May of 2008. It has now been six months and the film has yet to turn up. I contacted the middleman and he said it was on its way back. I trust him and feel he's a good guy but if the wait is this long for processed film I will stick with Super 8. I can understand 2 months but not 6 months!
Any idea on how long your general wait is for return of your Single 8 film for processing?
fastwind

Re: Single 8 Film Developing time for US

Post by fastwind »

Call them. They speak English. If you have any Single 8 Velvia or ASTIA film, send it to SPECTRA in l.A. or DWAYNE'S in KANSAS.
aj

Re: Single 8 Film Developing time for US

Post by aj »

Well, if you are dealing with single8film communications can take weeks and many weeks more. Actual shipping when it comes to that has regular USPS timings.

Dealing with retro8 should only take days or max 2 weeks in all. Although at times the owner can be on a trip or something and leaves the email unattended then and you have to sit it out. Luckily japanese holidays aren't as long as in Europe :) Shinkansen trains are fast so much time cann't be lost either.

As I understand it retro8 does its own daily processing. While there is also a Fuji processing service which works much longer schedules which seems to be retailed by single8film.
Kind regards,

André