Zeiss Moviflex GS8 Lens problem

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Ukimikko

Zeiss Moviflex GS8 Lens problem

Post by Ukimikko »

I probably just stucked my lens completely, a zoom (focal length) ring does not move at all.
The camera itself is working perfectly, except that the motor for zoom was not. I started to play with the moving lever in order to make it work and now the lens is stucked at approximately 7 mm focal length! And really tightly.
What I am going to do now? I just got back my beautiful films and I am ready to shoot more...and I ruined my beloved camera.
Should I open it up or what...I am complete in tears now..
What a way to start a holiday.
Ukimikko

Re: Zeiss Moviflex GS8 Lens problem

Post by Ukimikko »

Needless to say I don't need motor to work, I only want the lens moving.
How stupid was this "fixing" operation of mine...
Should I use excessive force? If I do that, can the camera be totally broken?
downix

Post by downix »

I believe Super 8 Man has one of these, he'd be the person to ask. But whatever you do, do not force it until you know what is wrong inside, else you could damage it very badly.
Ukimikko

Post by Ukimikko »

I was able to move it to the wide angle setting with force. Still stucked, only about 1mm movement when trying to turn the zoom lever.
There are 3 extremely tiny little screws in the lever ring (nearest to the body). If I open them, am I able to silde the lever out of the way and then maybe fix the problem? Screws are so tiny, that I probably need some special tools to unscrew them. Has anyone done it like that?
Thank you for your help.
Mikko