8mm camera info

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Herb Montes

Re: 8mm camera info

Post by Herb Montes »

downix wrote:
Herb Montes wrote:Yes, the L8 uses d-mount lenses with a longer focal distance. Or a standard d-mount with an adapter ring that increases that distance. I got one of those adapters that came with a lens. I simply removed the adapter to use the lens on another camera.
Any way I could buy the adaptor from you?
Well it's such a little thing I wouldn't want money for it. Maybe trade for some movie accessory you don't need. Send me a PM.
tr0x

Post by tr0x »

standard8 wrote:apparently some of the beaulieus have d mount and reflex viewing. but beaulieus are hard to get cameras at the best of times.
I've bought a MR8 some ago, but it has a spring driven motor, not electric.
However it would be so nice a MR8 with electric motor :idea:
tr0x

Post by tr0x »

downix wrote: Egads, I won this, er, ok, I'll send payment when I get paid saturday.
Hum... hey, i'm still waiting for the payment :!:
I've tried to contact you but i haven't received any response yet :(
downix

Post by downix »

Sent!

I still can't get ebay to update my email tho. It keeps pointing to a very old email account of mine I just don't check anymore due to spam overflow. (averaged 700 a day at one time) But there we go. Just got busy saturday, and thanks to that, don't need the L8 adaptor anymore as someone locally just sold me a P8L, viewer and one of those transfer boxes for $30.
tr0x

Post by tr0x »

downix wrote:Sent!

I still can't get ebay to update my email tho. It keeps pointing to a very old email account of mine I just don't check anymore due to spam overflow. (averaged 700 a day at one time) But there we go. Just got busy saturday, and thanks to that, don't need the L8 adaptor anymore as someone locally just sold me a P8L, viewer and one of those transfer boxes for $30.
Thanks,
the lens was sent on June, 25. You should receive it soon :D
downix

Post by downix »

Got it, but have some, well, odd news about it.

The light metering box above the lens is blocking the dog-leg viewfinder from fitting up. I can use it, only if I take off the viewfinder. Just my luck.
tr0x

Post by tr0x »

downix wrote:Got it, but have some, well, odd news about it.

The light metering box above the lens is blocking the dog-leg viewfinder from fitting up. I can use it, only if I take off the viewfinder. Just my luck.
I used this lens on the Bolex B8L and i had to mount the lens before attaching the viewfinder. I forgot to say that you can turn the lens mount with a coin, to correctly center the lens :wink:
downix

Post by downix »

Yay, it fits...

dangit, still have only DS8 film in the fridge....
mediumformatphoto

Post by mediumformatphoto »

My Beaulieu M8 Reflex shares the standard d-mount with a Bolex H8 (non reflex). Here's a pic of mine:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/3847 ... 5564aa.jpg

R.J.