"Pass The Cart" project, Official Thread

Collaborative film projects
flatwood

Re: "Pass The Cart" project, Official Thread

Post by flatwood »

Thought Id check in. Im watching the mailbox for the disc with the footage. Ive picked out some nice blues tracks Ive got in the can. My 30 seconds is blues themed anyway. Hvent gotten that cart yet either. Mail coems slow to the swamps of Georgia.
http://MusicRiverofLife.com
http://TabbyCrabb.com
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

LC and everyone, the package arrived safely. I hope to get a chance to check it out tonight.
James E
Location: Houston, TX. Portland, OR. Playa Del Carmen, Quitana Roo, MX. ELgin, TX

Post by James E »

I want to see the TC'd footage of #5!!!!!!!!! :!:
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

I think we are all looking forward to it!

How is the music coming, Flatwood?
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

CHAS wrote:I think we are all looking forward to it!

How is the music coming, Flatwood?
OK, I have a lot of music set aside for the project. Acoustic blues and rockin' blues tracks too. I really want to see the project with all the carts in place before laying down any serious tracks.

How bout I pull something appropriate and lay it over and put it up for those involved to take a look at (this is LC's call since he's shepparding this one) but I really want to wait for the whole thing to be here before spending a lot of time figgering it out. Dont forget we have titling and credits to overlay too with music for that. I think I was planning to do that too unless somebody else wants to take it on but I will need that information, plus copyright info, everything. I trust we can get it all together so we can enter a film festival with it.

Im still waiting for my cart to arrive so I can get my part shot too.
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

Guys... I'm okay with "Wait for all" & "One by One"... what are all of yours' advice?

I have tried many time to upload it to my youtube page.. but it's very large in file size.. and I keep trying but still doesn't work. I am trying to upload the smaller version tonight. and let you all knows.

Time for a little update:

PTC2 Status update (17th June 2008)

Cart 1:
Rollef (DONE)
Angus (DONE)
flatwood (Film arrive soon)
lastcoyote

Cart 2:
1mic (DONE)
moonstruck production (DONE)
Bigbeaner (Filming) (Please update your status!)
Jusetin

Cart 3:
brokenflashlight (DONE)
Superbus_ (Film arrive soon) (Please update your status!)
Patrick
richard p.t.

Cart 4:
etimh (DONE)
vidwerk (DONE)
romeojesus (Filming) (Please update your status!)
predooo

Cart 5: COMPLETED
James E (DONE)
CHAS (DONE)
Pelle.txt (DONE)
Rick Palidwor (DONE)
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
Superbus_

Post by Superbus_ »

" Cart 3:
brokenflashlight (DONE)
Superbus_ (Film arrive soon) (Please update your status!)
Patrick
richard p.t. "

The Cart 3. is here and I sent a message to Patrick asking his postal address yesterday.
"Cuando despertó, el dinosaurio todavía estaba allí."
("When he awoke, the dinosaur was still there.")

Augusto Monterroso, El Dinosaurio
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Hey Superbus! Ive just arrived back home tonight. For the last 10 days, Ive been camping on a rural property without Internet access on an island. I'll check my PM box now.
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

lastcoyote wrote:Guys... I'm okay with "Wait for all" & "One by One"... what are all of yours' advice?

I have tried many time to upload it to my youtube page.. but it's very large in file size.. and I keep trying but still doesn't work. I am trying to upload the smaller version tonight. and let you all knows.
Philip,
any luck? If not, can you break it up into two or three separate YouTube videos?
CHAS
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

Hahaha, Dear all members of Cart 5 :D

I finally sort out and upload the preview clip of Cart 5, I've already PM you guys a youtube link. Go ahead to view your part.

Have fun! And thanks for your afford to completed this project!
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
etimh

Post by etimh »

lastcoyote wrote:I finally sort out and upload the preview clip of Cart 5...
I checked it out (even though I'm not on Cart 5 8) ). Looks good, lot's of different, interesting stuff. I feel bad for Rick though--Pelle really overshot his share of the cart. Dude, did you even check your watch or footage counter?

I hope nobody else did this. I remember when I was shooting that I wasn't worrying about it too much. I'm confident that I stuck to my limit but wasn't that part of the design of this project, that there would be excess stock on the end of the cart for this, just in case? That's why I wasn't sweating it too much.

Well, I guess we'll see.

Tim
James E
Location: Houston, TX. Portland, OR. Playa Del Carmen, Quitana Roo, MX. ELgin, TX

Post by James E »

Cart 5 preview looks great! Although I got the message to slate up too late. Slating just takes up footage anyway.... Pelle, uR busted for shooting way toooo long.... hehehe. Anyway the cart looks good.
Cheers,
James E. Stubbs
Rick Palidwor

Post by Rick Palidwor »

With 10 feet each we should have had about 40 seconds each and then that safety buffer was built in.
By my count:
James E shot about 60" (a little over)
Chas only shot 30" (why short?)
Pelle 90" (ouch. I liked the footage but ouch)
Me 20"
I fail to understand how people can be so far off. 10 feet is not hard to understand. Hopefully the other carts won't be so unbalanced.

I had a scripted 40" piece but decided not to do it as it was a lot of work. If I had tried it and run short I would have been very upset. Glad I shot abstract so it didn't matter so much - would have been more of the same. But I do love shaking the camera in front of lights with that shutterless camera.

Rick
James E

Post by James E »

I shot precicely 10' according the the counter. I shot the first 10sec at 18fps the second & third at 24fps or 30 seconds total between the two frame rates using stopwatch as a timer. I probably should have shot it all at 18fps. I thought I had to shoot it all at 24fps so I figured at least most of it would be ok. But then later someone said 10' any way you want it after I'd already shot my segment. My total segment time is 46 seconds. Since the first part of my segment was at 18fps this comes out almost dead on. I shouldn't have added the sunburst at the end. It didn't really come out anyway. But the counter said 10' when I sent it off to Chas. I still think in this case slating is just a waste of frames since we know who is who on each cart. Overall the cart came out good. I'd like to edit out a few frames of my segment. 1, my first shot the camera nearly slipped out of my hand and and shot way too much jerky sky. About 1-2 seconds worth. 2. the sunburst at the end of my segment didn't come out at all. CUT IT>>>>
Cheers,
James E. Stubbs
etimh

Post by etimh »

Rick Palidwor wrote:I fail to understand how people can be so far off. 10 feet is not hard to understand.
Absolutely. I know it was a bit overkill for a project like this, but I too "scripted" out my shots specifically for the ten feet limit and then had someone watch the clock as I shot. Not that tough.

I can't even imagine how chaotic the segments are on the original K40 "pass the cart" project. But we'll never know about that will we, mojo? MUST LET IT GO... :P

Tim