fuji zc 1000

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

paul

fuji zc 1000

Post by paul »

Hello,

My Fuji zc 1000 came in and there are a few minor problems. Hope you can help.

There is a tiny bit of dust on the reflex mirror. Is it save to remove that carefully. Or should I just leave it?

The focus barrel has a bit a loose feel. Is this normal?

There is also a bit of dirt on the lensbarrel next to the cam. I suppose I can scratch it away with a needle or so.

How can one clean the gate?

Does anyone have a copy of the manual?

Why is it said that this camera gets the full potential out of single8?

Isn't there a daylight filter build in? (it looks not that way)

Ah well, it runs well, the view is clear, lens looks clear to me. Everything seems to be running and doing well. Just have to run a film through it as a final test.

Oh well, that's it. The good news is that I got it (together with a z800) for 25 euro! Bought it with out seeing though. That's why I kep the price low. The z800, doesn't look that good and it has a dent in the lensbarrel naer the lens. Can't screw filters on it.

But for the ZC100o: it Looks like I'm lucky :mrgreen:

Best regards,

Paul
Sasounet

Re: fuji zc 1000

Post by Sasounet »

paul wrote:There is a tiny bit of dust on the reflex mirror. Is it save to remove that carefully. Or should I just leave it?
As this only affect the image in the view finder, I would leave it like that. But if you wish to clean it, be very careful as it is a first surface mirror.
paul wrote:The focus barrel has a bit a loose feel. Is this normal?
On a ZC1000, no.
paul wrote:Does anyone have a copy of the manual?
single8.com has it for download.
paul wrote:Why is it said that this camera gets the full potential out of single8?
Try to find a better camera in Single 8... or even in Super 8 for that matter. This is the best of the best in my opinion.
paul wrote:Isn't there a daylight filter build in? (it looks not that way)
No Fujica single 8 camera has built in filters

I wish I could find a ZC1000 for 25 euro!!! Whatever the condition!
Sasounet
paul

Post by paul »

Sasounet wrote:
paul wrote:
paul wrote:The focus barrel has a bit a loose feel. Is this normal?
On a ZC1000, no.

Is there any way to repair this?
Hans van der Sloot

Post by Hans van der Sloot »

Hi Paul,

I had many camera's repaired by GK-Film, also a Bauer 715 with a slightly loose lens.
They repaired, cleaned, serviced and readjusted all my camera's very well.
But as we all know Gotfried Klose is a very busy man and it can take some time before you will have your camera returned.
There are also some good alternatives in the Netherlands too.
Since you got the camera almost for free, you might spend some money on repair and service.

Kent Bulza (http://www.single8film.com) might have some very cheap, outdated RT200 left.
I bought a lot of R25, but these are all gone by now.
Now you have such a great camera, you really should shoot some film with it.
I agree with Sasounet this probably is the best super/single-8 camera ever made.
harryhausendisney

Post by harryhausendisney »

Every thing about the ZC1000 in this article published in the last issue of Small Format (english edition):
http://www.ibcinema.com/ib2006/super8/zc1000ma.pdf
The best place to repair the ZC1000 is www.retro8.com , in Japan. The owner, Tak Hohyama, bought all the brand new spares from the factory warehouse. Retro8 sell also, in single 8 cartridges: Velvia, Fujicrome T64 Professional, Provia 100 and Orwo 200 B&W . Tak speaks english and german.
adamgarner

Post by adamgarner »

can you cross process fuji single 8 in the US? Anyone tried this? I don't even know if you could since the cart is of a different design.

I'd love to try out a ZC1000 and shoot on single 8, for sure. But the wait time on sending to Japan is a deal breaker for me. I can barely stand sending it to LA.

I don't seem to have as many problems as some people do with registration or cart tension since I use a 1014XL-S, but I like the Fuji film stocks a LOT. That's my selling point (and the C mount lens / internal pressure plate which is just cool).
Adam
trigger-studios.com
adam@trigger-studios.com
aj

Post by aj »

adamgarner wrote:I'd love to try out a ZC1000 and shoot on single 8, for sure. But the wait time on sending to Japan is a deal breaker for me. I can barely stand sending it to LA.
Just send the films to Retro8 with the processing fee included. Ask how much in USD. From Europe it is a Euro 10 banknote.

You will have the film back in no time. And quick communications too (opposed to the responses from LA)
Kind regards,

André
Hans van der Sloot

Post by Hans van der Sloot »

[quote="aj]
Just send the films to Retro8 with the processing fee included. Ask how much in USD. From Europe it is a Euro 10 banknote.[quote]

I asked Tak how much it is to have a film developed.
The price is 17,85 euro / film (including shipping fee).

Some people put cash money (10,- euro) in the envelop and send the film to Fuji directly. This is what Tak told me about this:

Fuji people told me that they really hate some foreigner sending cash like
that. It is a big problem now.
But once the cash arrive, they have no choice other than they process.
That is one of the reason Fuji want to quit processing.
Because they are just losing money.
Please tell your friend to stop doing this.

Yes, it was around 10 EURO last year.

Fuji raised the price after they decided to extend their discontinue period
last year. Also there is a reason from the oil price, because electricity
price and gas price went up 20% here.
Then Euro currency dropped against Japanese YEN this year.

Also Fuji's price is that you bring your film there.
They don't accept any mail orders and they don't ship oversea also.
Our (Retro Enterprices) price include shipping fee to Europe also.

Retro Enterprices has also a German account, so for Europeans it's possible to make a banktransfer without cost.
The communication (in English or German) is very good.
Thanks to Tak there are more single-8 films available then ever.
So thumbs up for Tak.
aj

Post by aj »

Past ethics of posting somebody else his mails.

Well, wise guy. It is no wonder you get into trouble with CameraGuy and the like. Loosing money like breadcrumbs and winding up with broken cameras as doorstoppers.

Since when are you refering to me as your friend in mails to others?
Also you better quote correctly instead making things up yourself. If you are too stupid to understand english properly stay away here.
Mind you own business.

Clever as you are you are going pay what you are quoted. That should please you.

Also the oil price influences the processing costs??? The EURO dropped against the Yen??? Somebody forgot to inform the exchange office. Spent just three weeks in Japan and everything is just as pleasant as ever. I know what Fuji supplies cost in regular photo-shops in Japan and what little things cost there. It is also really amazing what shops standard have in stock there for cine or DIY photolab. Alive and kicking where here in Europe these stocks have vapourized.

I know what I paid last month (as personally instructed) and I didn't get any comments from Retro8 :) The film was processed promptly without comment and quicker back then from Andec or super8 nl. Also I would not know what Fuji has got to do with it. I never sent a film to Fuji.

Go and instruct your friends who send film to Fuji directly and who make Fuji pull from the market.
Kind regards,

André
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

Hey Andre,
settle down, I believe the man was just trying to help.
Why are you offended? Most of the comments are not his (Hans) but Tak's (!)
Since when are you refering to me as your friend in mails to others?
Oh, comeon! Would you prefer to refer you as his enemy? :)

I really don't know the exact price for processing if it's 10 or 17.
Maybe Tak was to polite to ask you more? I really don't know.
One thing's for sure : I definately prefer the 10 euro price.
(Hans, is there a chance that Tak quoted 17 US/cart? That's about 10 euros/cart...)