Anyone here on facebook?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

chachi

Anyone here on facebook?

Post by chachi »

Anyone here on facebook?Just wondering how many people here use facebook is all.
ccortez

Post by ccortez »

That is SO funny. I was JUST ABOUT to log in and ask the same question.

Disclaimer: I have to this point been a complete luddite about social networking sites. Catching up with a bunch of NYC coworkers now has me totally hooked.

I'm on Facebook and Linkedin. Feel free to add me to your network or list or whatever cool kids have these days. :)

Chris Cortez is my real life name-o.
chachi

Post by chachi »

Well i hope thats you with the wheel barrel I just added, Otherwise I got it all wrong, lol..
ccortez

Post by ccortez »

Ha, yep, that's me.

I'm sure there are multiple "Chris Cortez" on Facebook since there are at least 3 here in Austin alone...

Others? Come on, admit it -- you ALL are on Facebook... :P
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

Hey, add me too, my real name is Philip Chu at Hong Kong, I'm with a black and red cap with a NIZO !!
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
videoguy326

Post by videoguy326 »

I'm on there.
videoguy326

Post by videoguy326 »

I'm on there.
chachi

Post by chachi »

Just sent ya a request Philip..
Scotness

Post by Scotness »

I'm on facebook - but apart from getting in touch with a few people I haven't seen for quite a while I'm finding it a complete waste of time - and just a process by which advertisers gather information to profile you and bombard you with ads.

All of the pokes and requests and crap and quizzes are just for school kids I think (okay I've done a couple of quizzes) - bu most of it I thinkis crap. One day someone will invent a truly useful social networking site for grown ups.

(rant over - contact me on Facebook :lol: :lol: )

Scot
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K
Angus

Post by Angus »

Yep I am on there.

To avoid spam search using my name on this forum as my first name, and the surname of Jonathan Swift's travelling character as my surname...

My current profile photo is me with fairly short cut black hair wearing a white waistcoat and black shirt...though i doubt there are many people with my name!

I don't find I am bombarded with ads, though I have found the initial facebook addiction has worn off its still a good "one stop shop" for keeping in touch with friends and family.

You'll find Mattias on there....and as for me, quite a few wacky photos!
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
chachi

Post by chachi »

I hear ya scot, I don't add those applications for just that reason. The only people who can spam me are facebook themselves, lol.
I'll look for you and angus.
onsuper8

Post by onsuper8 »

Come join our happy band of 263 Super 8 Shooters....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2399647066

Yes - we're on Facebook in big way, as in Cambridge Super 8, Straight 8, Danimations etc. etc.
Last edited by onsuper8 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aj

Post by aj »

Do you mean 263 proven S8 shooters or matching names on Super 8 or something? That is a lot more than there are here. I guess there are some 30-50 posters here. Any forum-esque like things on Facebook?

The lack of modernisation of this forum is really diminshing the audience. Posters and passers-by. The statistics are closed-off now but it was steadily declining for months and months.

The problem with facebook and the likes is the fundamental lack of a feeling for ethics by the owner. They/He was exposed with the auction/buying tracking and making public of that. Who thinks of something like that? Then you must totally be deprived of a sense what is normal and acceptable. And what else do such people think of and which is not exposed.
Kind regards,

André
super8man

Post by super8man »

I was but quit...I like this quote from above:
but apart from getting in touch with a few people I haven't seen for quite a while I'm finding it a complete waste of time - and just a process by which advertisers gather information to profile you and bombard you with ads.
And, getting off of facebook is very difficult but possible. It really offers very little compared to what you give up in terms of privacy. In the end, you end up saying "hello" to some grade school friends and then there's not much left to say. I would be more interested in discovering who has passed away than who's living. Perhaps "Deadbook" would be good?

Be mindful of what you are giving up in terms of using a PRIVATE network to handle all of your personal details.

Web 2.0 sucks. That's my viewpoint.

Cheers,
Mike
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

aj wrote:.......
The lack of modernisation of this forum is really diminshing the audience. Posters and passers-by. The statistics are closed-off now but it was steadily declining for months and months.
if true, .... no wonder with you still around.......

shoot.......
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...