Identify a belt

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

fogo

Post by fogo »

I take it this really is some kind of joke yes? Am I typing this message into a food mixer, a garden chair or a computer?

From the photograph, this item's original purpose is clearly identifiable as either a car auxialiary drive or timing belt.

Im really not trying to be rude Hans, but you posted a question and I have replied to it.

The markings on the belt indicate a manufacturer and have Japanese characters. A search on the brand name / maker clearly shows this company still to be operational and supplying the self same belt today. Unfortunately my Japanese skills are not good enought to persue the matter futher and identify exactly which models of car this item fits, so that you might be able to cross reference this with anything you have owned previously. Click on the link.....yes unfortunately you have to scroll down the page...

If you read my post carefully I was gently trying to suggest that you might have followed the few clues available and used one of the most powerful tools on the planet, ie Google, before posting to avoid what looks ultimately likely to be an embarrassing, if genuine, mistake.

Just as this would have only taken a few seconds at the keyboard, so would some simple thanks for my post

Ade
freddiesykes

Post by freddiesykes »

It says "orimage" something or another I believe. My japanese is rusty.
Hans van der Sloot

Post by Hans van der Sloot »

...for cultural reasons, kind of humour varies from one country to another 8)[/quote]

Yes and even within countries humour varies, because we both live in the Netherlands about 30km away from each other.

And yes, I did check the site from the manufacturer.
But me Japanese isn't that good.
MIKI-814

Post by MIKI-814 »

Hans van der Sloot wrote: Yes and even within countries humour varies, because we both live in the Netherlands about 30km away from each other.
Ohh really :lol:
Hans van der Sloot

fogo wrote:Im really not trying to be rude Hans, but you posted a question and I have replied to it.

Just as this would have only taken a few seconds at the keyboard, so would some simple thanks for my post

Ade
Hi Ade,

I was replying to AJ's response, not yours.
If you brought in some useful information, I thank you for your post.
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

symptomatic?

check if this gives you a clue:

ebay 16mm main drive belt & etc

shoot.....
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
Hans van der Sloot

Thanks! This seems to be the right one.
I guess this solves the mystery.

Strange I didn't find it myself.
I'm in the middle of a mail correspondence with Marc (isellprojectorbelts) about belts for the Bauer T610 and the Visacustic 1000/2000.