Gold at the Goodwill

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

filmamigo

Post by filmamigo »

Consider yourself safe... I only check the one's convenient to me! I live in Parkdale. I will say that I see more Super 8 at the Sally Ann than at the Goodwill...

The Goodwill at Yonge and Bloor has often had a nice cache, but they always keep 'em for auctions.
David W Scott
Producer / Director
"The Behaviour of Houses"
http://www.behaviourofhouses.com
Rick Palidwor

Post by Rick Palidwor »

filmamigo wrote:Consider yourself safe... I only check the one's convenient to me! I live in Parkdale. I will say that I see more Super 8 at the Sally Ann than at the Goodwill...

The Goodwill at Yonge and Bloor has often had a nice cache, but they always keep 'em for auctions.
At the risk of turning this into a Toronto-chat:
I didn't know there was one at Yonge and Bloor. Never go there I guess. The main one at Jarvis and Adelaide used to keep them for auction, but they're gone now. Parkdale is probably the most super-8 savvy neighbourhood you could find so good luck there.

I'll out myself and say I live at St. Clair and Bathurst and the Goodwill is hopping. A mess, but hopping. As for Sally Ann, we have one of those two. Scored a Canon 310XL for $10 a while back. And two workable projectors so far.

Rick
mjclash

Post by mjclash »

Nice one Rick!

12 years ago I was in an 'Cash Converters' (an Australian pawn shop chain) and spotted a nice Canon 514 XL-S AF. It was $30 which wasn;t bad in those days. So anyway, I'm at the counter pulling out my wallet when the guy serving me says,

"Hey, we got another one of those weird cameras in today. Do you wanna have alook at it?"

I say, "Yeah, ok why not,"

The guy pulls out a mint NIzo 2056 sound in its case.

"How much do you want for that" I asked (trying to hide my grin).

"$25 should do it"

Bingo.

Walked out there with a Nizo that I still use and the old Canon which, while pulling some nice footage from K40, is kinda eeking out some kind of retirement on my shelf at the moment!

But like someone already mentioedn earlier, this buying of movie cameras is insanely addictive...............
PITIRRE

Post by PITIRRE »

Hi Rick, congratulations pal. It is possible you put your construction footage on this forum once you finish? Thanks
"WE HAVE TO DECIDE WHAT WE WANT TO BE YANKEES OR PUERTO RICAN"

PEDRO ALBIZU CAMPOS
jopsuper8

Post by jopsuper8 »

I've found some really good Super 8 stuff at flea markets and thrift stores. Common Kodak, B&H, Chinon, Minolta, and Konica stuff turns up all the time around here. Found a Canon S400 projector in box for $1 a few weeks ago at a rural Arkansas flea market. Also found a never used Sankyo 2000H projector in perfect box with all paperwork / packaging at a charity sale for $10 last weekend.