Going away for while.....

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

JCook

Post by JCook »

Ya'll come back now ya hear. :wink:
richard p. t.

Post by richard p. t. »

Enjoy, Roger.
I too have difficulties managing my time for my own projects. I have to steal moments from my business to shoot. These forums are great for feeling connected and for finding info, but they sure do lead to addiction problems.
cheers,
Richard
I run Nano Lab - Australia's super8 ektachrome processing service
- visit nanolab.com.au
richard@nanolab.com.au
zantizoom8

Post by zantizoom8 »

The Zanti Spin:

Roger, you are a key asset on this forum. In the short time since i discovered this forum, i have looked to your wisdom, knowledge and advice on whatever thread you post to. The time you devoted recently to the Yale debate was in no way a wasted expenditure of time, effort, reflection, research or keystrokes. in fact, everyones contributions of personal experiences, anecdotes, history and insider tales served to enlighten anyone with even a passing curiousity and enrich serious amateurs such as myself. You know your stuff and let's face it you love to write. The in for a penny, in for a pound theory can get anyone out into deep waters, and you showed you are no exception. Knowing how to best bow out of a discussion chasing it's own tail becomes yet another of your character trademarks. Now, you undoubtably have some serious incentive to get going with your hand on camera, eye in viewfinder, love of filmmaking. Truly, this must be the most intelligent forum on the internet of any niche aficcionados, as well as the most...human. Be seeing you, Roger.

Zanti
Forward, into the past.
Scotness

Post by Scotness »

Hi Roger - it's just a matter of self discipline - I've been through what you're talking about and now I do alot more reading than posting --- anyway great to hear you're going to make something -- we will expect nothing less than rocksteady Single 8 on your ZC10000 - telecined with a Sniper Pro! (Or HD)

Best of luck

Scot -- keep in touch (in moderation!)
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

Good luck to you!! Come back soon.
:cry:
Basstruc

Post by Basstruc »

:roll: .... time to make my come-back ? :lol:
super8man

Post by super8man »

Life is what you make of it. Contributing to others knowledge is always valuable, in most any form. And always remember, no one is forcing your hand to click on a thread or hit the enter key to make additional comment on statements made.

Enjoy life. Make the most of it in everything you do. Including this.

Cheers,
Mike
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff »

Thanks for the words of encouragement, everyone. I have a few film ideas kicking around. I'll start with something really short, probably only a few minutes. I'm looking forward to it and hope to take advantage of what summer weather we have left out here. Generally stays warm enough to swim, all the way into October, so I should be able to get some nice outside shooting done.

See you guys around and, again, thanks for the kind words.

Roger
yolia

Post by yolia »

Strange that you should feel the need to actually TELL us you're leaving. Just leave dude. Don't parade yourself. Go make your movies.
Victor
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

hey Roger, good to hear that, right decision!!!. Enjoy your project and Good luck!

Don't forget us!
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

yolia wrote:Strange that you should feel the need to actually TELL us you're leaving. Just leave dude. Don't parade yourself. Go make your movies.
Victor
What is your problem, man?
Mitch Perkins

Post by Mitch Perkins »

CHAS wrote:
yolia wrote:Strange that you should feel the need to actually TELL us you're leaving. Just leave dude. Don't parade yourself. Go make your movies.
Victor
What is your problem, man?
Ah, the thread will be raging, still, on Roger's return...~:?)

Mitch
Angus

Post by Angus »

I'm sure it will.

And I am sure most posters here await Roger's return eagerly...but if posting has got in the way of film/video making then it's really time to take a break!

Good luck Roger.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
matt5791

Post by matt5791 »

I've been very busy myself recently and made my first post in ages on the John Pytlak thread yesterday.

I've been spending so much time shooting stills and in my darkroom (amongst other things) I haven't had time to think about the small movie format.

Have a good time Roger.

Matt
Birmingham UK.
http://www.wells-photography.co.uk
Avatar: Kenneth Moore (left) with producers (centre) discussing forthcoming film to be financed by my grandfather (right) C.1962
MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff »

Victor
Well, operating on the assumption that I had a few friends here and, perhaps, an even larger assumption that I might be missed, even by my enemies, I just wanted to say adios with an explanation for my absence. No drama was intended.

Roger