64t wedding shoot

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

cineandy

64t wedding shoot

Post by cineandy »

Hi, sorry to bore the pants of you troops. Filmed a wedding a couple of weeks back on 64t using the 814xls. Wow. Last year i filmed a wedding on double super 8 k25 thru a bolex, images were stunning, in fact too clean looking. So this time i decided to shoot the wedding on 64t, after projecting the film the softer more grainy look, looks awesome, it looks like film. OK so i cant use 64t for my ongoing projects, but used in the right enviroment 64t is an amazing tool. I have always knocked the stock, but to acheive the film look, its a great stock. Watching a wedding that has been shot on film just looks so different, the atomosphere is incredible. Anyone filmed a wedding on 64t??? How did the stock perform?? No more 64t bashing from me now:)
Lunar07

Re: 64t wedding shoot

Post by Lunar07 »

cineandy wrote: after projecting the film the softer more grainy look, looks awesome, it looks like film.
It <b><i>IS</i></b> film :-)
Mitch Perkins

Post by Mitch Perkins »

cineandy wrote: Watching a wedding that has been shot on film just looks so different, the atomosphere is incredible. Anyone filmed a wedding on 64t??? How did the stock perform??
The stock performed beautifully! Negative is handy for all that low light stuff, and looks fantastic, but the 64T has it's own thing going, really stunning.

The clients all enthuse over having Super 8 in the mix, they can see the difference, and they all agree that "film-look filters" don't cut it.

Mitch
drsanchez

Post by drsanchez »

cineandy wrote: Anyone filmed a wedding on 64t???
I'll be shooting some for a wedding on August 11. Along with some 500T indoors. But I'll admit most of it will be on video. At $1000 per wedding there's no way I could make any money shooting the whole thing on film. Everyone loves the look of it, but no one wants to pay for it.
dr.sanchez, son of a midwestern bureaucrat
Blue Audio Visual

Post by Blue Audio Visual »

UK based forum member Rachel Oliver films weddings on Super 8 commercially.
Rachel Oliver

Post by Rachel Oliver »

Blue Audio Visual wrote:UK based forum member Rachel Oliver films weddings on Super 8 commercially.
Hi;

:lol:

64t is my favored colour wedding stock, I use it because.... it looks like super8! It's also much sharper than it gets credit for and it's colours pop too.
Carlos 8mm

Post by Carlos 8mm »

I was filming a wedding last week in super 8 but using Kodak Tri-X. Just waiting for the rolls from the lab.

What kind of light source did you used with EKTA 64T indoors? And how many watts?
Carlos.
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

Anyone filmed a wedding on 64t??? How did the stock perform??
Yes, my own about a month ago, on the "coastline" of Sweden.

I gave a 814E to my mum and she filmed most of it on E64T. No external filters. To my untrained eye, excellent results. And ultimately that's what matters to me in this case.
Plastik

Post by Plastik »

Rachel Oliver wrote: 64t is my favored colour wedding stock, I use it because.... it looks like super8! It's also much sharper than it gets credit for and it's colours pop too.
I agree. It's sharp and the colours do 'pop'.

I noticed on your website that you have two super 8 packages for weddings, 10 and 20mins. Do clients mainly ask for this service in addition to a normal video package?
Ertugrul Togacay