John Pytlak Health Update

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff »

Take care, John. My best wishes for you and your family.

Roger
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Its been great having you John. You will be a missed member of the board.

Best of luck.
Andersens Tears

Post by Andersens Tears »

John, your absence will leave a hole in this forum.

My sincerest best wishes to you and your family.

Jamie
ccortez

Post by ccortez »

Godspeed, John. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Chris
jhoneycutt

Re: CAT Scan - Not Good Results

Post by jhoneycutt »

John_Pytlak wrote:My May 16 CAT scan showed at least three areas of blockage, caused by the tumors growing along my small intestine. I am barely able to get enough water into my system to stay hydrated. IV hydration is a short term option, but hospice is being strongly suggested.

We gave it our best shot with Chemo to slow the tumor growth. Further surgery (e.g., ostomy) has been ruled out due to the multiple locations of the tumors and blockages.

Depending on how things go over the next few weeks, this may be my last posting.

I've enjoyed partipating here on Filmshooting.com, helping you and discussing the state of filmmaking. I've also enjoyed all the support you have given me during my illness. Continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
We are with you John..... in our thoughts and prayers...

jack
Canon 1014XL-S, Workprinter, Mac & PC
BK

Post by BK »

John, take care. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Bill
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

Wishing you the best, John. Thanks for all your help and friendly advice over the years.
David M. Leugers

Post by David M. Leugers »

God bless you John. Through your work and words, you made a real difference. What greater compliment can a man get in this world? Thank you so much and our prayers are with you and your family.

David M. Leugers
threeinv

Post by threeinv »

John, I pray that your pain and discomfort be minimized so that you can relish time spent with your loved ones during the next few weeks. Please know that you have made a positive difference in the filmmaking community--thank you!

--Derrick
steve hyde

Post by steve hyde »

John,

This is sad news. We need people like you in this old world of ours. Your kindness will not be forgotten. You have always been so friendly and cool in the heated debates - your cool reasoning made the forum more productive and more of a place for valuable information exchange. Thank you. Your generosity will not be forgotten. You have been so generous with your time. I thank you for spending many hours every week - for years- sharing your knowledge. Your innovative mind will be missed. You have given us important image technologies (awarded by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences) Thank your for this important work and your dedication to the motion picture arts and sciences more broadly. You have helped make the cinema arts what they are today. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Sincerely,

Steve
Angus

Post by Angus »

We've enjoyed having you around on the forum too!

Best wishes to you and your family, and for an outcome free of un-necessary suffering.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
Uppsala BildTeknik

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

Best wishes to you John, you are in our thought and prayers.

Best of luck.
dgs8film

Post by dgs8film »

Our prayers are with you, John. Thanks for all you've done for the filmmaking community.
Dennis
super8man

Post by super8man »

My prayers and wishes are with you and your family John. You are in our thoughts.

Cheers,
Michael
Last edited by super8man on Wed May 23, 2007 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
Mitch Perkins

Re: CAT Scan - Not Good Results

Post by Mitch Perkins »

John_Pytlak wrote:My May 16 CAT scan showed at least three areas of blockage, caused by the tumors growing along my small intestine. I am barely able to get enough water into my system to stay hydrated. IV hydration is a short term option, but hospice is being strongly suggested.

We gave it our best shot with Chemo to slow the tumor growth. Further surgery (e.g., ostomy) has been ruled out due to the multiple locations of the tumors and blockages.

Depending on how things go over the next few weeks, this may be my last posting.

I've enjoyed partipating here on Filmshooting.com, helping you and discussing the state of filmmaking. I've also enjoyed all the support you have given me during my illness. Continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
John, thank you for all your help and support. As everyone says, you will be missed, here and no doubt by everyone you've known, loved, and worked with in your life.

I've just finished reading an InCamera article about KODAK VISION2 HD Colour Scan Film 5299. It's a very exciting innovation, and I'll always remember this day, reading so happily about the film, and then so sadly your words above.

With each new innovation, I believe your past work with one of the greatest organizations in the world will live on. You have my ultimate respect and admiration. May your God go with you.

Mitch