Two manuals added

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Basstruc

Two manuals added

Post by Basstruc »

EWA Compendium - German : I wish I had an english version, still can't figure what the use of the plastic soft tube

CHINON PACIFIC 200/12 XL Direct Sound - English

Matt

PS : Funny, saturday, I met a registered member Jerome Makles, by pure hasard at a photo flea market. He is holding a Super8 shop here in paris.
Jerome, si tu lis, désole que j'ai pas pu reviendir dimanche. Je passerai faire un saut à ta boutique dans les deux semaines qui viennent. Je viens de finir mon mémoire sur le Super8, si ca te dis d'y jeter un oeil pour me faire remarquer les conneries que j'y ai foutu, fait moi signe.

Remove SP for e-mail (spam prevention)
ericMartinJarvies

Post by ericMartinJarvies »

can you please show picture of part .. i have configured a few of them in the past few months, and thought addressed evrything. this part does not sound familier.
eric martin jarvies
#7 avenido jarvies
pueblo viejo
cabo san lucas, baja california sur. mexico
cp 23410
044 624 141 9661
Basstruc

Post by Basstruc »

Maybe my description was bad.
Matt

Lunar07

Re: Two manuals added

Post by Lunar07 »

Basstruc wrote:EWA Compendium - German : I wish I had an english version, still can't figure what the use of the plastic soft tube
I ran into the same problem: what do you use the plastic soft tube for? Till by a mere chance I was going through a manual of the compendium of Bauer A 512. In it is a picture of a woman blowing smoke inside the compendium through the plastic tube.
ericMartinJarvies

hehe. blowing smoke through it :) ya right. no, that is the seal you use to make sure your lens is held into place while inserted into the plastic step ring, or whatver its called. you cut off the applicable size, and loop inside the ring and the mounting bracket, this way, that plastic piece does not move or turn, as your lens/camera moves or turns.

do you understand what i mean? lens goes into the plastic step ring. the plastic step ring goes into the mounting bracket. it is between these that you apply the rubber. it reduces alot of movement you would normally expereince. i only discovered this AFTER i had taken it upon myself to make up my own support solution, read; epoxy glue :)
eric martin jarvies
#7 avenido jarvies
pueblo viejo
cp 23410
044 624 141 9661
Lunar07

Post by Lunar07 »

ericMartinJarvies wrote:hehe. blowing smoke through it :) ya right.
But I am NOT joking :) I am going to scan the picture and post it here.
I know it sounds funny (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL), but that is what the picture showed. We are talking 70's sensibility I suppose :)
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

Heya,

I checked the manuals section here and can't find the chinon 200/12xl. Has it been delayed or is it somewhere else?

Daniel
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Check ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com -> upload -> manuals.
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
Basstruc

Post by Basstruc »

Thanks eric. I tought before it was something used to prevent condensation fog on filters and front lens by blowing on it when shooting in cold place ( like those used on viewfinders on ACL).
Matt

Lunar07

Post by Lunar07 »

Basstruc wrote:Thanks eric. I tought before it was something used to prevent condensation fog on filters and front lens by blowing on it when shooting in cold place ( like those used on viewfinders on ACL).
Matt
The picture in the manual of the Bauer A512 makes it clear that what you thought before is not far from the truth. The tube was NOT intended to 'tighten' the lens as Eric suggested.
ericMartinJarvies

well, you certainly got me on that one! i thought it was a joke, the smoke part anyways. so you guys do not have problems with the plastic step ring moving when your camera is being moved? that tubes makes a great washer, and really sets it into place and prevents it from moving. perhaps it can be a dual purpose tool, or tri purpose ... blow smoke, blow hot air, and seal/support your lens. talk about getting yor monies worth!!
eric martin jarvies
#7 avenido jarvies
pueblo viejo
cp 23410
044 624 141 9661
Ericus

Post by Ericus »

In the Ewa manual German version there you can read "rauchschlauch", which is in English "smoke hose". So, it has something to do with smoke.
I think you could use it for somekind of smoke effect, just blow some smoke inside the mattebox and you have a smoky scenery.

Erkki
Lunar07

Post by Lunar07 »

ericMartinJarvies wrote:well, you certainly got me on that one! i thought it was a joke, the smoke part anyways. so you guys do not have problems with the plastic step ring moving when your camera is being moved? that tubes makes a great washer, and really sets it into place and prevents it from moving. perhaps it can be a dual purpose tool, or tri purpose ... blow smoke, blow hot air, and seal/support your lens. talk about getting yor monies worth!!
Eric -
What you say makes sense - only problem is that with the comp. that comes with the Bauer A512 is already padded to prevent lens from moving so you can not use a washer. STILL the comp comes with the tube. So it must serve some other purpose. And no it was not a joke :) There is actually a picture of a woman blowing smoke inside the comp. using the tube :D