Thanks to Doug at Spectra.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

charles8

Thanks to Doug at Spectra.

Post by charles8 »

I would just like to mention, one of our super 8 supporters Spectra film services, recently I had ordered 4 carts of their V50 super 8 film, when the parcel arrived it was empty, someone took a liking to the contents along the way, this could have happened in the U.S.A or U.K or even Jersey, where I live, however, I contacted Doug, at Spectra, and although it was no fault ot theirs, they sent me 2 carts as a replacement free of charge, so I would just like to say THANKS TO ALL AT SPECTRA, a great service, keep supporting this company, it is our lifeline...
Will2

Re: Thanks to Doug at Spectra.

Post by Will2 »

charles8 wrote:I would just like to mention, one of our super 8 supporters Spectra film services, recently I had ordered 4 carts of their V50 super 8 film, when the parcel arrived it was empty, someone took a liking to the contents along the way, this could have happened in the U.S.A or U.K or even Jersey, where I live, however, I contacted Doug, at Spectra, and although it was no fault ot theirs, they sent me 2 carts as a replacement free of charge, so I would just like to say THANKS TO ALL AT SPECTRA, a great service, keep supporting this company, it is our lifeline...
Their customer service is the best of any film processing & telecine house I've ever used. Good people there... in in L.A.?
metaT8

Post by metaT8 »

Why is their black & white reversal processing so darn expensive!?
Will2

Post by Will2 »

metaT8 wrote:Why is their black & white reversal processing so darn expensive!?
They send it out. Only color negative and color reversal is in house.
Guy Bennett

Post by Guy Bennett »

Send it out to whom?
idrawthings

Post by idrawthings »

I gotta chime in too - I've used these guys exclusively and they haven't let me down once. Now if only they could do HDef tapeless...
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

I've been pretty impressed with them. They have really gone the extra mile on exceeding my expectations to make my transfers look cool, and they communicate very well with me on projects. Spectra basically treats S8 shooters like big leaguers.
100D and Vision 3 please
Will2

Post by Will2 »

Guy Bennett wrote:Send it out to whom?
I didn't ask, but there must be many film processors in the LA area that might not even have a web presence.

While I do recommend them still and think their service is great, my last super 8 reels transfered by them had dust bunnies doing little dances on top and bottom of the frame, something I have not addressed with them yet, but I'm sure they will make it right when I call.
mojotrancer

Post by mojotrancer »

I second this. I had some trouble with my test roll getting lost and they were more than helpful getting it sorted out. Top notch customer service.
Baby, I'm not from Havana!

Aaron

http://www.chancestudios.com