Do you want to load our Al Dente (Super 8) short film?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

johnnhud

Post by johnnhud »

Ok, I just finished watching Al Dente and I have to say that overall I was pretty impressed. The main thing that jumped out at me was the image clarity and fine camera work that was fairly consistant throughout the entire film. I loved many of the shots, too many to name one by one. The steadiness of the image was impressive for S8mm film, the pressure plate for the film gate prooved invaluable in this production. There were a few loose edits (Hero meets the wine woman) and things that I would have done differently (But hey, it's not my film) but this does not detract too much from the overall feature. The sound does need a little more work in my opinion unless that was what the film maker intended since this is a "Spaghetti Western." All in all, it's pretty durn good! And you can quote me on that!
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

WoW! 8O

I just watched it on my tv and am amazed!.
The story is cool, it's techically well done, and the quality is also great. I think the way these original films are made is very destinct, and you definately captured the "feeling" of that.

Very cool!
mathis

Post by mathis »

It is really amazing, great job! I'll send you some more detailed comments via E-mail to prevent stroy spoiling.
teadub

Post by teadub »

Excellent short. Very fun to watch. The only thing I would do, would be to shorten it slightly. Other than that, I think you've got yourself a winner. Maybe you should try and sell it to foodTV.
• Steven Christopher Wallace •
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2591403/
http://www.scwfilms.com
GiuseppeT

Post by GiuseppeT »

Great!
Very well done technically, Vision2 is really impressive. I really liked the plot and how you recreated the feel of old spaghetti western, expecially because the nordic scenarios normally wouldn't make you think about western at all, so you have done the magic.
Comedy is well delivered; the film is directed and acted accurately to give the atmosphere of a Leone movie.
Impressive job, Jukka, I'm very glad I gave a small contribution to this film!

Giuseppe
jukkasil

Post by jukkasil »

GiuseppeT wrote:Great!
Very well done technically, Vision2 is really impressive. I really liked the plot and how you recreated the feel of old spaghetti western, expecially because the nordic scenarios normally wouldn't make you think about western at all, so you have done the magic.
Comedy is well delivered; the film is directed and acted accurately to give the atmosphere of a Leone movie.
Impressive job, Jukka, I'm very glad I gave a small contribution to this film!

Giuseppe
Thanks Giuseppe! BTW. Did you receive my email, please send your post address to me, I'll send you DVD-copy of movie. And thank you very about your voice over parts for Al Dente.
Best Regards

Jukka Sillanpaa
narri

Post by narri »

Jukka, I don't know if it's the forums slow PM system, but I haven't got the link yet, and I'd be very interested to see what it looks like.

Our project is still waiting to get the second part of the film back from Andec. I'm burning of anticipation.
jukkasil

Post by jukkasil »

narri wrote:Jukka, I don't know if it's the forums slow PM system, but I haven't got the link yet, and I'd be very interested to see what it looks like.

Our project is still waiting to get the second part of the film back from Andec. I'm burning of anticipation.
Lähetä mulle sähköpostiosoitteesi, niin pistän sulle leffan linkin sitä kautta.
Best Regards

Jukka Sillanpaa
Uppsala BildTeknik

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

jukkasil wrote:
narri wrote:Jukka, I don't know if it's the forums slow PM system, but I haven't got the link yet, and I'd be very interested to see what it looks like.

Lähetä mulle sähköpostiosoitteesi, niin pistän sulle leffan linkin sitä kautta.
Joo jees! Goddamn it has been long since I spoke finnish! (a bit drunk now, just got home from a wedding...) :) 8)
eggart

Post by eggart »

Is it still available? I'd like to see it!
martin

Post by martin »

I'd like to see it too pretty please..
Bauer S 209 XL
Cosina 40P
Beaulieu 6008s
VideoFred

Post by VideoFred »

I'm breathless.....

These close ups...
These soft awesome colors....

Man man Jukka, you have done a great job. :!:

Fred.
my website:
http://www.super-8.be

about film transfering:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_k0IKckACujwT_fZHN6jlg
jukkasil

Post by jukkasil »

Thank you all for nice comments.

We decided to recut the movie according to all comments we received, now the movie isn't so slow and long at all.

You all can download it from this link:

http://www.sorb-i-tol.com/al_dente_public_cut.wmv

:wink:
Best Regards

Jukka Sillanpaa
paul

Post by paul »

well, well, you are overdoing things now... :lol:
cinelys

Post by cinelys »

I have downloaded "Al dente" and watched it three times...
I do like it a lot , this is the best film shot on super8 that I ever seen .

The global quality of this feature is impressive...