Service/Instruction Manuals for Beaulieu

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

alltimetrebek

Service/Instruction Manuals for Beaulieu

Post by alltimetrebek »

New to this forum. New to Super 8, actually, but just acquired a Beaulieu 6008S off of eBay but I don't want to tinker around with it too much until I know all about how it works. What's the deal with the temporary closing of the manuals section of this site? When will it be back up and running?

If anyone already has the manual in say .pdf, wanted to know if they could send it my way via email or something. It would be much appreciated! Thanks.
r.sk8s

Post by r.sk8s »

Greetings,
After years of lurking in the background, reading the various posts on this very informative and often amusing forum, I now leap into the fray. I also recently purchased a beaulieu 6008s and am in need of a manual. What was the nature of the abuse concerning the manuals? It seems a good and useful resource for all of us. :cry:

r.sk8s
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

Welcome back, M'Lord/Woody/Santo. How's the Cinematography forum? Not much action there?
r.sk8s

Post by r.sk8s »

Let me clear this up right away. My name is Robert Skates. I am a cinematographer and former union camera assistant. I currently teach cinematography at MPI of Michigan. Look me up on IMDB. The whole M'lord/Santo thing, although amusing, has nothing to do with me.
alltimetrebek

Luck.

Post by alltimetrebek »

Well, if you have any luck with finding a .pdf manual, please don't hesitate to send it my way and I shall do the same. Thanks.
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

jukkasil on this board made a cd which covers the most about beaulieui and sells it at a very reasonable price. not sure if it covers the 6008 but send him a pm to find out.
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

r.sk8s wrote:Let me clear this up right away.
My apologies, Mr Skates. We've been pestered by a forum troll the past few weeks and the thread wording looked like either you or alltimetrebek were a new face on the same old troublemaker.
r.sk8s

Post by r.sk8s »

Audadvnc,
Apology accepted. Reading my initial post, it does indeed read very M'lord like. I tend to be a tab pompous and a bit surly before coffee.
christoph

Post by christoph »

trying to jump in as i would hate to see this forum go further downhill about help and friendly advice...

http://www.cmanz.com/super8/6008pro_full.zip
http://www.cmanz.com/super8/beaulieu_60 ... repair.pdf

i thought i had a 6008S one too, but can't find it right now and they are very similair anyway..

hope that helps and welcome to the club
++ christoph ++
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

there another site where there are some manuals avail for download:
http://www.apecity.com/manuals/
not sure if theres a member connection to this board:
Movie Camera Manuals in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
(also includes some other movie equipment)

All files below were scanned from original manuals, not copies, except where noted by .

Bauer

Bauer A 512 (or Bauer A512) (deutsch only, no english)
Bauer A 512 (or Bauer A512) hints sheet (multilingual)
Bauer Kompendium und Schulterstutze (matte box and shoulder brace) (deutsch only, no english)
Beaulieu

Beaulieu 5008S Multispeed
Beaulieu Boom Microphone for 3008MS, 5008S and 5008MS (francais, english, deutsch)
Beaulieu R16 Automatic (not scanned by me--taken from BJ's Film Camera book archive)
Beaulieu R16 Automatic Sales Brochure. Good pictures & info. Actual quote: "The rattle of sub-machine-guns during an ambush... The R16 sees everything, hears everything."
Beaulieu R16 Electric
Bolex

Bolex 16mm Price List from January 1, 1973
Bolex 16mm Price List from August 1, 1974
Bolex 16mm Price List from 1974
Bolex 16mm Price List from December 1, 1980
Bolex 16mm Product Catalog, 1974
Bolex 16mm Product Catalog, 1981
Bolex 400ft Magazine
Bolex 7.5 Macrozoom
Bolex H16 EBM Electric manual
Bolex H16 EBM Electric sales borchure
Bolex H16 EL manual
Bolex Lenses for Bolex 16mm Cameras. A complete explanation of "RX" compared to normal C-mount lenses, what it really means, what workarounds there are. An original document directly from Bolex. Finally, get all the facts straight on this.
Bolex Vario-Switar 100 POE (16mm-100mm zoom lens)
Bolex Vario-Switar 100 PTL (12.5mm-100mm zoom lens). Press release.
Canon

Canon 814XL-S and Canon 1014XL-S
Canon 814XL-S and Canon 1014XL-S (svensk)
Canon AF514XL-S
Canon BM-50 microphone (english, nihongo)
Canon C-8 Wide Attachment (multilingual)
Canon C-8 240 67mm Close-Up attachment (english, francais, nihongo)
Canon Scoopic 16 MS Magazine Adapter
Chinon

Chinon 107S XL and 107XL Dart brochure
Chinon 107S XL and 107XL Dart manual
Chinon Authorized distributors and service centers
Fujica

Fujica Z450 Single-8 camera (english, deutsch, francais, espanol)
Fujica ZC1000 Single-8 camera
Leica Leicina

Leicina ST-1 Electronic Control Unit
Maier-Hancock

Bottle Well Attachment for Maier-Hancock Hot Splicers (a press release)
Minolta

Minolta Intervalometer-P (English and Japanese)
Nikon

Nikon N2000 (a 35mm SLR, not a movie camera)
Nikon R10 Super (missing 2 pages, not scanned by me; taken from http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com)
Nikon R10/R8 Brochure. Full color 1974 brochure with tech specs and feature list.
Satellite

Satellite SMSR Sound Reader (for 16mm magstock)
Contact me about donating a manual (e.g. send me the original, I'll scan it, and send it back, or you can send me a scan of an original manual and I can post it)

Why do I do this?
It just doesn't seem right to me to sell old manuals, on places such as ebay. Well, I guess an old original manual seems fine, but people also sell PDF files of them, either electronically delivered or on a CDROM. That just doesn't sit right with me. I think people who need the information, and don't want an original manual, should just be able to get it for free. So there you go.
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
r.sk8s

Post by r.sk8s »

Thank you one and all.