Wal-Mart HORROR

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

CHAS

Wal-Mart HORROR

Post by CHAS »

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had to ever wait 2 weeks plus for their K40 to come back after dropping it off at Wal-Mart? I've had good luck with the three Wal-Marts I've used in the LA-area but this last one which I've only used once before is starting to really piss me off!

I dropped off my film after my Marina del Rey shoot which I wrote about here
viewtopic.php?t=11610&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

So that was on 10/16. I checked on Saturday, 10/22, then on Sunday, 10/23. As predicted, the dopes working there had no clue. Then I checked several times last week. No go. I called the 800 # -- and they said, "oh try on Friday or Saturday" so I did; again, nothing. These people didn't even have the tracking # in their system! Now it's been officially 15 days...Man, I hope this doesn't turn into one expensive lesson in not using these idiots anymore...
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

Oh, is that all? I thought this was going to be some sort of Halloween cautionary thread about Walwart being taken over by monarchic zombies.
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

audadvnc wrote:Oh, is that all? I thought this was going to be some sort of Halloween cautionary thread about Walmat being taken over by monarchic zombies.
Sorry...waiting for film you spent a ton of time working on and not knowing where it is is more of a horror show than any zombie movie!
Evan Kubota

Post by Evan Kubota »

The 1800 number is automated... it can't find your film?

It's taken close to two weeks once or twice - usual is around 10 days.

FWIW, Qualex handles the film after it's put into the drop box.
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

Evan Kubota wrote:The 1800 number is automated... it can't find your film?

It's taken close to two weeks once or twice - usual is around 10 days.

FWIW, Qualex handles the film after it's put into the drop box.
The 800 # got me to FujiColor ... I heard the operator mutter something about "Dwayne's" then she said that this sort of order takes about two weeks. I am starting to sweat...

Anyone else have an order take this long?
etimh

Post by etimh »

Shanec8mm

Post by Shanec8mm »

man it's funny reading these post about walmart because I just called walmart today about some 8mm film that I am having processed. I took the film to walmart on the 23rd and figured it would be back by now ......since that last roll only took 7 days, anyways, so hear i am on the phone and I'm giving the lady my last name and that my order was 8mm movie film. her response "what's 8mm movie film" are you sure it's not 35mm kodak film ?" so at this point all kinds of things are running through my head from "damm stupid bitch, to how can anyone not know what the hell 8mm movie film is ?". so she proceeds to ask someone else and I hear a mans voice say "oh yes 8mm movie film, tell him 2 weeks time out" so she says "has it been 2 weeks ?" I said just about but I'll check back on friday" click............ I hate stupid people.
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

Shanec8mm wrote:man it's funny reading these post about walmart because I just called walmart today about some 8mm film that I am having processed. I took the film to walmart on the 23rd and figured it would be back by now ......since that last roll only took 7 days, anyways, so hear i am on the phone and I'm giving the lady my last name and that my order was 8mm movie film. her response "what's 8mm movie film" are you sure it's not 35mm kodak film ?" so at this point all kinds of things are running through my head from "damm stupid bitch, to how can anyone not know what the hell 8mm movie film is ?". so she proceeds to ask someone else and I hear a mans voice say "oh yes 8mm movie film, tell him 2 weeks time out" so she says "has it been 2 weeks ?" I said just about but I'll check back on friday" click............ I hate stupid people.
That's not only the same conversation I pretty much had with these stupid people but from past Walmart posts on this board you'll find it's the SAME DAMN THING others here went thru as well. Why are people so f*cking stupid??? Didn't any of these employees see S8 movies when they were kids? Why the f*ck doesn't Walmart educate their employees on such things? You'd think the photo manager might have a training session for niche markets like this.

CHRIST ON A STICK. Are they all thick???

(sorry, couldn't resist a little "M'Lord"-ism)...
tlatosmd

Post by tlatosmd »

And to think it's those very employees who think digital is the cream of the crop, with all their fairy-tales of how foolish and amateurish and impratical and zero-quality chemical is, told over and over and over again...

And whenever they witness an actual projection or a good telecine you see their jaws drop! And still, people keep buying into the digital origination myth...
"Mama don't take my Kodachrome away!" -
Paul Simon

Chosen tools of the trade:
Bauer S209XL, Revue Sound CS60AF, Canon 310XL

The Beatles split up in 1970; long live The Beatles!
Alex

Post by Alex »

audadvnc wrote:Oh, is that all? I thought this was going to be some sort of Halloween cautionary thread about Walwart being taken over by monarchic zombies.
No, that already happened a couple of years ago.
Evan Kubota

Post by Evan Kubota »

"And to think it's those very employees who think digital is the cream of the crop, with all their fairy-tales of how foolish and amateurish and impratical and zero-quality chemical is, told over and over and over again..."

I don't think these employees *think* anything in the commonly understood sense.

CHAS - keep in mind that Wal-Mart outsources the processing to Dwayne's through Qualex. The Wal-Mart employees (while generally clueless) really can't help you in this case. I still didn't hear whether or not you were able to get the automated tracking system. What did it say?
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

Evan Kubota wrote:
CHAS - keep in mind that Wal-Mart outsources the processing to Dwayne's through Qualex. The Wal-Mart employees (while generally clueless) really can't help you in this case. I still didn't hear whether or not you were able to get the automated tracking system. What did it say?
Well it wasn't Qualex I was talking to it was Fujicolor and they kept telling me to call back and back and back, then finally today they told me to call my Walmart who then called someone else who gave me a "november 4th" date of return. Go figure.
Evan Kubota

Post by Evan Kubota »

I think Qualex picks up the film from the drop boxes at each store and takes them to regional Fujicolor processing facilities. The one my film goes to is in Georgia. The tracking has always worked normally for me - you might want to find out if there is an automated line you can call. The people at Wal-Mart are knownothings, but I found the Fujicolor employees to be fairly helpful.
gurra83

Post by gurra83 »

Evan Kubota wrote:The people at Wal-Mart are knownothings, but I found the Fujicolor employees to be fairly helpful.
The people at Fujicolor probably have wages that are far higher than any walmart employer, thus, they are probably more helpfull then a Walmart employee.

I earned more than double what they make when i was mworking at statoil gas station when i was 19 (2003).

You seem to be a little more helpfull with that kind of payment.

Go figure! :wink:
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"

"La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid."
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

"Always Lowest Prices" :?:

Price - Quality - Delivery. Pick any 2.